Thursday, September 19, 2024

Thursday Musings

 Good Morning All!

This is what I saw yesterday after I posted on my blog and got up to get another cup of coffee:


A beautiful deer at the edge of our woods (and next to the backdrop for my archery target) taking a little rest.  She tucked her head down and stayed that way for a good 20-30 minutes.

The apples Fletch and I saw on our tree the other day are gone.  I found one on the ground near the patio and it is almost perfect.  Small, but it will be great cut up and added to hot cereal.  There is now just one apple that I can see on the tree.  I tried yesterday afternoon to snag it (too high to reach and pick), but I couldn't get it.

The fig tree produced two more large and ripe figs!!  There are still small green ones that need to grow and ripen.  I went out to the garden to gather up parsley and some onions to take to Colin.  I then picked the rip figs and a bunch of cherry tomatoes and then...to my surprise...I spotted some large ripe tomatoes!!


BLTs are on the menu for lunch today!  There are so many green tomatoes - I may make some fried green tomatoes one night but I'm excited to think about more ripening as well.

I had my annual physical yesterday (all is good!) and got a flu shot while I was there.  I'll get the new Covid Booster next month (we've never had any reactions to either the flu or Covid shots, but if I do have a reaction I'd like to know what it is from...plus my doctor recommends not getting them together anyway).  This morning it's a visit to the dentist (just routine cleaning).

As I mentioned above, I gathered up a few produce items from the garden to take to Colin.  Last night Fletch and I had dinner with him (Mailing had a work function).  Col made the most delicious pasta sauce and sautéed up some greens for us to have with it.  YUM!!  We sat out and enjoyed a fire in his pit for a little while and just as we were getting ready to leave, Mailing pulled in.  So, at least we got to see her briefly.

And there you have it - a miscellaneous Thursday posting.  Time for me to pour another cup of coffee and get motivated for the day.  Have a great Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the garden is still producing. I just brought in five more cucumbers - and of course, cucamelons and cherry tomatoes daily. The raspberries are going strong too. We've probably got a week or so left to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad someone's garden was productive this year! BLT's sound amazing! But your sweet deer! What a delight to see her resting so peacefully! Happy Thursday, Vera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That deer seems pretty daring to take her rest next to an archery target. It's the time for gardens to wind down but it still sounds like you've got lots of good things. Enjoy those BLTs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it beautiful to see deer in your yard! I so enjoy it. I'm glad you had a good medical check-up week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, for medical appointment gold stars! I’m getting my vaccinations tomorrow. COVID is beginning to appear here, and I want to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete