Friday, February 3, 2023

Wrapping Up The Week 2/3/23

 Good Morning!

So nice to know that it is Friday...and even nicer to know that all of my conference calls for today have been cancelled.  Woo-Hoo!

Yesterday saw several things happening.  First up, I had a very good eye doctor appointment in the morning.  This was just a pressure check and that turned out to be just where it should be (in both eyes) and she said the field vision test I had several weeks ago was great - no change from prior tests.  Whew.

Next up, I used my new rice cooker and I love it!  I made jasmine rice and the aroma was so great, but most importantly, the rice turned out perfectly.  I made cashew chicken (in the crock pot!!) to go with it.  Yumsters!


A winner of a new recipe.  Besides chicken and cashews (duh), this dish also included bok choy (stems and leaves), bell peppers and onions.

I made 3 servings of rice according to the manual that came with my rice cooker.  I wanted to make sure I had left over rice to make fried rice.  Well, 3 servings looks to me like it could feed a village!  LOL  But, that's ok.  There is left over chicken and I will make fried rice in a day or so.

And then there is the knitting...or rather what was the knitting.  This is what the green sock looks like now:


The green sock was my New Year's Day cast on.  The fact that a month has gone by and the sock has not been finished speaks volumes.  But after dinner last night, I got it out and started knitting.  I knit several rows and then noticed a dropped stitch.  Picked that up, no problem.  Then I noticed two more...but the spot where I would have picked it up was closed...there was no path to take the stitch up AND, I had the correct number of stitches on the needle.

Some time was spent thinking about the whole thing and then I just decided to rip out the entire sock (and I was only about 20 rows from the toe decrease!!).  But, I realized I did not like the pattern I had chosen (it wasn't really visible with this yarn and it just [to me] looked messy).The green yarn is now marinating in time out until I can think of what to make with it.  Maybe plain socks, maybe a shawl?

After that I pulled out some yarn to make Fletch another pair of socks and started on them only to decide the yarn was not right (better for a cowl or shawl), so that got ripped out.  I *think* I've picked out yarn for the next pair of socks, but time will tell.

Meanwhile, it's Friday and I feel like it's a free day since my calls have been cancelled.  Let the weekend begin!  Hope yours is a good one.

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad the eye dr. appt., rice cooker, and cashew chicken were all big successes! They almost make up for the sock disappointment, but with a free Friday you have time to figure it out. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news on so many things... but that sock! Ugh! I am wishing you a gentle weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes . . . it's just best to let our unloved knits go! (I think that yarn wants to be a St. Patrick's Day pair of socks. Just sayin.) So glad to hear about your good eye check-up -- and rice cookers are The Best! Have a great weekend, Vera! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the socks. But it sounds like today is a good opportunity to start something new! The yarn is so pretty, and one great thing about knitting is that even when a project is a disaster, the yarn can be reused!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, too bad about the socks. I liked them (but all I saw were photos). The yarn is so pretty; I know you'll find a great way to use it.

    Your cashew chicken looks terrific. I could go for it now, even for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I despise that field vision test., it's stressful! Glad all is well with your eyes. I loved those socks and I'm sad that they are no more -however not liking the pattern is a huge obstacle when it comes to loving your knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! You'll have go dig through the stash. You can't come to knitting tomorrow with nothing to knit!!!

    Glad you got a little work break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We need our eyes! The sock is going to be prety in that color no matter the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, gee....it must be ripping season. I seem to be in that zone where nothing I'm doing is working out. Nothing to do but ride it out and hope something clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve been dropping stitches on the hat I’m knitting, and it’s frustrating. I fix it as much as I can, but I hope the hat stays out of the frog pond.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No conference calls??? Lucky you!!!
    I am waiting for one last piece to come in so I can push my last project for the week out the door. They said I would have it this morning - it's now 11.30 am... I doubt I'll see it before noon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job giving up on a project that wasn't working. It's hard to do that! Glad the rice was a big success, going to look for your cooker as we could use one as well. I think I'd make more rice if I didn't have to make it in a pot (and clean the pot).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some projects just aren't meant to be. The rice cooker sounds like a success. I hope you find the perfect yarn for the right pattern. Stay warm and safe. I believe it's cold in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds good! My cashews went into Chex party mix. Sorry about the socks. I like that green.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dinner looks delish and I'm glad the eye test is over and you got good results. Bummer about the sock!

    ReplyDelete