Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Unraveled Wednesday 2/22/23

 Hey Hey and Good Morning!

A bit of a late start for me today.  I had my annual physical early this a.m. and got home just in time for a work conference call that was a total waste of time (what's new?)!  Anyway, it is Wednesday, so time to link up with Kat and all those who are part of the Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.

My knitting looks ridiculously similar to how it looked a week ago!  First up the lovely cowl for my SIL.  Adtually, a few more rows were knit and I am now on the final ribbing with about 4 rows left before I bind off.


When I met up with Dee last Saturday I worked a bit on the sock and completed the heel flap.  Nothing has been done on this since!


Oh well, as I always say, it is not a race.  I did place an order with Fibernymph Dye Works for this year's Pi Yarn!!  This year it is Wild Atlantic Pi Self Striping and while there I managed to slip the Wild Atlantic Pi Minis into my cart as well.  They should ship within the first week of March!  

Reading has moved along.  Fletch and I are still listening to "Master and Commander" after dinner, but I find myself often nodding off.  LOL  The latest Louise Penny book in the Three Pines series became available and I blew threw that.  I am back to reading "The Love Songs of W. E. B. Du Bois and thoroughly enjoying that.  I also picked up at the library a copy of "The Shipping News" for our Read With Us discussion in late March.  I read that book when it first came out (30 years ago!!) but I honestly am not remembering much as I get into it.  I am finding it very enjoyable though and am definitely looking forward to our discussion.

I need to get moving.  Emails keep streaming in for work with multiple (foolish) questions from folks.  I'll be trying to catch up with blogs a bit later in the day.  Happy Hump Day!

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your day is now filled with foolish questions after a less-than-pleasant start. Good thing Kat and the Merry Band of Unravelers are clever and not foolish at all! I love your cowl and sock and will look forward to seeing your new sock yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find the prettiest yarn for your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sock yarn--the colors that landed on the heel are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the emails with foolish questions; I get those a lot, too, but I guess it's good to be needed(?). The knitting is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conference calls that could be better handled by a few well thought-out emails. Hope you physical went well.

    I'm busy over here knitting blanket squares and keeping my knees warm AND drinking tea. Lots and lots of tea today.

    See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cowl is a beauty. I’ve downloaded the pattern, so it may be my next project. I’ve spent most of the day inside as it’s snowing, blowing, and the wind is bitter cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steady progress on the knitting projects means they will get done in good time. I started The Shipping News and honestly wonder where I was the first time I read it. I don't remember much and that's a little frightening. In my defense, there have been a lot of books between then and now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cowl is going to be so appreciated. The colors are exactly like sitting on the beach at sunset. So pretty.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slow and steady... but it is frustrating when RL infringes on creative time!

    (and thanks for the heads up on the Pi yarn!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All progress is progress and I like both your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely have not been doing as much knitting as I would like. By the time evening rolls around, I'm too pooped!

    ReplyDelete