Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Unraveled Wednesday 2/8/23

 Good Morning All,

First up:  technology issues resolved!  YAY  Turned out we needed a new box (is it top box?) - the thing in our basement.  The technician showed up right on time (1:30 yesterday afternoon), went down in the basement and immediately said that was the problem.  Apparently Verizon has had a lot of them fail recently.  I can't even tell you how old ours was - decades anyway.  By 3 p.m. my forced vacation from work was over....and the TV was back on (of course - lol).  We were happy to be able to watch an episode of Poirot last night and tonight will find us catching up on Masterpiece Theatre.

And now it is Wednesday and time to link up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.  Fortunately there was no further unraveling for me after I ripped out the green sock.  Instead I started a new sock!


The yarn is Trekking (Karen I think we are knitting with the same yarn?).  These socks will be for Fletch and I'm knitting the Petty Harbour pattern (free on Ravelry).

The cowl saw a few more rows added.  I know it doesn't look like it, but really there were additional rows knit.


(I hadn't noticed till I snapped the picture how my bag coordinates with my knitting!  LOL)

The other week I ordered a few stitch markers on line (Etsy).  I had been given a gift card at Christmas that could only be used on line.  Most of the $$$ had been used for something (I can't even remember what), but there was roughly $11 left on the card.  Adding in tax and shipping, the stitch markers fit the amount and they arrived the other day.


I love them!  I've not used one yet and I'm not sure how those long bulb looking things will work, I may need to replace them with a jump ring, but time will tell.

On the reading side of things, I stopped at the library on my way home from meeting up with Dee and Bonny Saturday and picked up Love & Saffron which I thoroughly enjoyed.  A novel of friendship, love and food.  With recipes!!  It reminded me of 84 Charing Cross Road in that the book is a series of letters between two women.  I plan to stop at the library for a couple of books today after my morning at the office.

Fletch and I started reading Master and Commander after dinner.  Last night we switched to the audio version so that I can knit while we listen.  So far it is an enjoyable story (only just started chapter 2).

Here's hoping your Wednesday is off to a great start!

16 comments:

  1. So glad your tech issues are settled, Vera. It's kind of stunning how life . . . stops . . . when our wifi goes out. Your new sock is looking good -- I always like how Trekking yarn knits up. And . . . cute little stitch markers! I often use those "bulb" shaped safety pins for my knitting, but I've never had anything hanging from them. You'll have to report back on how they work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that the tech issue was an easy fix; it seems that faulty equipment is often to blame. I love the new stitch markers, and like Kym, I use those bulb-shaped safety pins a lot, though I rarely have anything on them. As long as the charms stay in place, they should work pretty well for you; sometimes I find that jump rings get caught on my yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it was a relatively easy fix and you are once again connected. I do like that sock yarn (and can see two people knitting socks with it). Those are cute markers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was our problem as well... they had to replace the box, but we have had absolutely no issues whatsoever since that happened! I am so glad yours was an easy fix as well!

    Love & Saffron sounds fantastic! I am off to see if the library has a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they sure do look the same! I love the striping and it's very addictive to keep knitting to see what comes next. Glad the techno fix is fixed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah for libraries, and all progress is progress, keep going. Love the matching bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sock yarn looks intriguing! Master and Commander is a series, I believe; it will keep you occupied until 2027 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those two "letters" books sound interesting. The kitties are cute. They remind me of the cats you see in Chinese restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The socks look great! Sadly,I don’t have anymore Trekking in my stash. The safety pins are used in the garment industry, but became popular in the knitting community about three or four years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My DH Tim is not a reader but he read ALL of the Master and Commander books, one right after the other. Then we watched the movie and he told me every single detail of how the movie deviated from the book. Then he told me what happened to all the characters in the later novels. Then....(kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found some Trekking in my stash that I didn't know I had. It really needs to be socks. It's great yarn. Those stitch markers are adorable. I never was a fan of the fancy ones until recently. I'm not sure why but all of sudden I'm liking the idea of knitting "jewelry". It adds a lot of fun to a project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for working WiFi! We had to replace our modem a few years ago and the Comcast tech said he'd never seen one so old. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Knits look great! Love those new stitch markers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray. I'm glad you are back up and running with the internet. The sock looks like it will be warm. I want to read Love and Saffron. Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to see the progress on the cowl--the new sock is very pretty! Glad it was an easy fix for the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for getting your technology all straightened out. It's such a pain and is a relief when it just WORKS!! Ha. I love Trekking yarn -- I haven't used it in forever but all of those stripes and patterns are so fun. And what a great week of reading -- you've made me interested in Love and Saffron. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete