Monday, February 13, 2023

Sometimes Monday....2/13/23

 Hello, Hello,

Not much to say here and no pictures from the weekend!  It was a nice weekend for sure.  As usual I met up with Dee for our weekly therapy session which was (always) lovely.  

As I mentioned the other week, it appears that Karyn (whom we hired to clean) is not working out.  So...I buckled down and scrubbed bathrooms and did 4 loads of wash on Friday!  Over the weekend I managed to clean the kitchen floor, do some dusting and wipe all the kitchen cabinets with orange oil.  Now they are clean AND shiny!!

There was some cooking, but the new recipe I tried yesterday was a complete failure.  It was a soup recipe with shrimp, fennel, leeks - you would think it would be wonderful and it was simply awful.  It's in the trash now.  I am planning to make a rustic apple/cranberry tart thing today, so hopefully that will turn out.

I also managed on Saturday to head over to Colin & Mailing's to water house plants.  I (finally) boxed up books of Colin's that have been sitting on the floor of his bedroom here and took those over.  The boxes are now sitting on the floor of his office room at his house.

Since I am in the purging mode, I plan to bag up some things today to donate at a thrift shop - kitchen gadgets that we do not use, books, some clothes, etc., etc.  Work is currently quiet, so that is in my favor.  There is also laundry to be done (what I did on Friday were sheets, towels, bath rugs, etc.).

So, I'd best pour another cup of coffee and get started.  Hope your week is off to a great start!

14 comments:

  1. You did a lot of cleaning over the weekend for someone with a cleaning lady. I hope you find someone better that actually comes and cleans! It sounds like your Monday is off to a good start and I hope the rest of your week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that Karyn didn't work out.

    Hope the week stays calm and quiet at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you've earned yourself a nap after all that work over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a great weekend, Vera. Lots of progress on many fronts! (And I'm really sorry about your house cleaner not working out. . . ) Here's to a good week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, I think you need a weekend from your weekend! :)

    I am so sorry that the house cleaner did not work out... sigh. At least you have a clean house to start the week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you were busy this weekend! I find that no matter how much laundry I *think* I've done, there's always still more - and there's only the two of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly did get a lot done! I'm sorry about the cleaning person. Are you going to look for someone else? The kids in London have someone who comes once a week, but there are cobwebs everywhere. I spent a lot of time brushing and wiping walls down when I wasn't watching Baby J., cooking or doing laundry.
    It's so good to be home and catching up with all of my friends in blogland.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing I did over the weekend worked out. I felt like I was cursed-knitting, soap everything. Even my big Superbowl dinner was a bust. I made pizza and pineapple upside down cake and how on earth I managed to bungle that I'll never know but I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh. I hate it when a recipe doesn't turn out like you planned.
    Sounds like you had a very productive weekend though

    ReplyDelete
  10. So for C&M: is the Austin thing just temporary? Does it have an end date? Or do they just want to hold on to the house?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once a month a young woman cleans my apartment. In between, I manage to do the routine cleaning, but she does the major jobs. Over the weekend, I did a lot of sewing, making a couple of QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you can find a house cleaner that works out better, it's such a great thing to have someone help with that. I bet it feels great to get those boxes of books out of your house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a bit of lay back and then get going on the weekend! lol Too bad about the maid! I've always wanted a cook....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having someone good to clean my house is such a blessing! I sure hope the apple/cranberry tart turns out ... of course how could it not, right?!

    ReplyDelete