Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday 2/14/23

 Hello and Happy Valentine's Day!

This gorgeous bouquet greeted me when I came downstairs this morning.


I first noticed them early on - like 5 a.m. - when I came down to let Mabel out, but I didn't turn on lights or look closely...I just went back to bed for a couple of hours.  They are truly lovely though and such a wide variety of flowers and colors.

My plan was to surprise Fletch with some home-made applesauce donuts (that he has been talking about), but as luck would have it, I am missing one ingredient (whipping cream).  Oh well...another day.  The rustic apple cranberry tart that I made DID turn out well.  We had it for dessert last night.  Yum!!


The house was filled with the aroma of cinnamon and cloves while it was baking yesterday.  Heavenly!

I also managed to get out for a short walk after lunch.  I went to the canal path hoping to see a heron, but no luck.  I did see two turtles.


Those were the only turtles I saw - I guess it is still a little early/chilly for the others to come out.  There were not many folks on the trail either...I only saw a couple of people walking and maybe 3 on bikes.  The day was sunny and rather warm when you were in a car, but on the trail I could have used a hat or an ear band - a bit breezy and chilly.  My recent cleaning frenzy must have tired my back, because it was sore while I was walking.  Still, I managed a half hour which for me is roughly 1.5 miles, so not bad.  And, it was nice to be out in the fresh air.

Anyway, it's Tuesday and time for a TNT update.  Only a little stitching was done in the last week.


A couple more rows on the left side of the house and some kind of a tree or something to the left (in gold).  I'm hoping to finish up the house today and bring the left border down to the bottom.  Then I can get back to some of the fun motifs sprinkled on the other side of this sampler.

The sun is up and I can see blue sky when I look out my office window.  Maybe I can get outside for a bit again today.  Whatever you do - enjoy!!

15 comments:

  1. Those flowers are lovely Vera! It is Day 4 of sunshine for us... be still my heart! Happy Valentine's Day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Ellen's red door, and your flowers and tart look wonderful, too! Hope it's a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous flowers and I really wish I had had an invite to share the tart last night. It. looks amazing. We've had blue skies since I arrived home until today. We woke up to pouring rain which is predicted to continue all day and snow tomorrow. We desperately need the moisture though, the farmers are really worried, so I'm NOT complaining. A few rainy days are nice to stay cozy inside.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers! I am so jealous of your great place to walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely surprise to wake up too! I love fresh flowers but so do my kitties who would tear them to pieces in a second.
    I can commiserate on the sore back because leaning over the tub and washing up after making soap every day has done a number on mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely surprise. The flowers are beautiful. Happy Valentine's Day to you two .................and Mabel too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers! I'm hoping to do a lava cake for dessert but I tweaked my back so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, Fletch! The bouquet is beautiful and a great surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful bouquet and a lovely surprise first thing in the morning! I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine yesterday and hope you can do it again today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue skies and turtles - sounds perfect

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, Vera. That Tart! It looks so great! (I'm not a huge dessert fan, but I do like tarts.) What a lovely bouquet . . . and stitching, too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the flowers! The walk must've been nice, too. The applesauce donuts sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tart looks delicious. The flowers are beautiful. Your walk beside the canal sounds nice too. There is something about getting out in the fresh air even when it is brisk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - the flowers are so pretty! And the tart looks amazing. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful flowers!! Holly eats flowers over here, ugh!

    ReplyDelete