Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday Felines and Signs of Spring! 2/10/23

 Good Morning Everyone,

How are you on this fine Friday morning?  I do have a conference call at 11 this morning, but I'm still considering that the weekend has started.  And that pleases me immensely.

Errands were run yesterday, but no cleaning was accomplished.  One must have priorities and cleaning is not at the top of the list for me.  I will, however, try to do a little today.  Sheets and towels do not get washed by themselves...they require a bit of help.  Likewise, floors and toilets don't scrub themselves...sadly...

But, our temperatures actually got up to 60 degrees yesterday and Fletch and I sat out on the patio with beverages in the late afternoon.  We only lasted about 40 minutes, but we had not sat out since early Fall, so even a short time was a welcome change.  Mabel joined us for a little bit.


She rolled around on the patio a bit and then dashed off and ran up the apple tree.


That girl loves to run and climb.  Before we got too chilly, Fletch and I did notice a few signs of Spring.  Right at the edge of the patio we have some bulbs coming up:


And then many, many more are coming up around the base of the apple tree:


What a welcome sight!  Fletch pointed out the other day that our lilac is budded (leaf buds, not flower buds yet).  We have often had rather large snows in February and even in March, but these green signs are so nice to see.

Last night I tried a new (to me) recipe for Black Bean and Avocado Enchiladas and they were delicious!  Mine, of course look like blobs (my tortilla wraps were on the small side) rather than nicely rolled enchiladas.


I used the included recipe for enchilada sauce, but next time I would just use canned sauce.  There was more filling than I could put in the tortillas, but I think that would be good just scooped up with tortilla chips (which might be lunch today!).

Any plans for the weekend?  I'll be meeting up with Dee tomorrow morning for a therapy session - plenty of sipping and chatting and a bit of knitting.  I also want to get over the C&M's to water the houseplants and (hopefully) drop off a box or two of books that have been living in our house for a long, long time.  I'll walk around their yard and see if I can find signs of Spring there!

11 comments:

  1. Therapy sessions with a friend is the best. Love when you share Mabel photos, what a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hit 70 here yesterday -- a new record! When I left the house at 3 to pick my daughter up at school, it was actually warmer outside the house than in, which is not typical at all for February. And stuff is starting to grow everywhere. Of course, we may well have snow into early April, but at least I know that spring is coming!

    I hope the conference call is fast and easy so you can officially start your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was crazy warm here yesterday, we made it to 72... insane, I tell you! But I love Mabel's antics... she puts a smile on my face! Have a good weekend and say hi to Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to sit outside! I keep wondering if we're going to get snow in March, but it seems like there won't be any in February. I like your blob enchiladas! I have enchiladas planned for dinner tomorrow night and I'm sure they won't be wrapped/rolled nearly as perfectly as the picture on the recipe. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Saturdays!!! We have daffs coming up pretty high. Buds on the dogwood are getting bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll just start off by saying . . . housecleaning is never a priority for me.
    ;-) I have bulbs beginning to emerge, too. But it's not quite that warm here. (Warmer than usual, but still not warm enough to sit outside for long.) It's so nice to find signs of spring! I hope you have a great weekend -- and say HI to Dee for me. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mabel looks so at home in the great outdoors!
    I was just putting out some more bird seed, and I noticed my pussy willows are all budded up

    ReplyDelete
  8. That groundhog didn't know what he was talking about this year. I've had my windows open since 7 am. When I walked out the door this morning I was like.....????? It's really warm out. I have to take advantage of this mosquito free time and drag the spinning stuff outside while I can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always exciting to explore for those first signs of Spring! I think Mabel liked having you outside with her again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had temps in the 60s here yesterday and I wanted to eat my lunch outside but the wind was blowing and it felt a little chilly. I did open windows in the kitchen, living room and bedroom and that felt awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice to sit outdoors for even a little bit and find some signs of spring. Mabel does keep you entertained. The enchiladas look great. I can never get mind to look like the recipe photos but they usually taste good. How interesting that the sauce calls for cocoa. I found a sauce recipe on a blog somewhere that is very easy and requires no cooking. Hope you and Dee had fun.

    ReplyDelete