It's a bit grey out there this morning and almost a little foggy/misty (or it could be that the window upstairs I was looking out of is really, really filthy!). The temperature climbed into the mid-eighties yesterday and it felt like summer. In between bits of work yesterday I managed to change to a lighter color pocketbook (pale pink instead of winter brown) and moved my summer shoes into an easier place to grab them and shoved my winter boots into the nether reaches of my (very small) closet. Still to be moved are my wool sweaters...didn't want to tempt fate too much...but I may tackle that project today and get out some shorts and summer shirts.
Meanwhile, it's Thursday, so lets talk food. Here was dinner last night:
The first corn of the season (which was really, really good!!). I don't know what you call the other things on my plate, but here is what I do.
- Asparagus - trim and steam or boil for only 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Slices of Italian Bread - brush with EVOO and put under the broiler for a little bit
- Pull the bread out and layer on bruschetta (in the summer I might make my own, but yesterday I just bought it at the grocery store) and top with asparagus
- Fletcher's had parmesan cheese sprinkled on top...I wanted mine plain.
- Stick it back under the broiler (in this case till the cheese on F's was nice and melty...and you could use mozarella or provolone or even cheddar...they are all good!)
A quick, easy and delicious meal!
And, a bonus recipe for a chicken dish we had the other night - delicious!!
The other day we noticed a hummingbird coming to our lilac bush and also to the petunias. And now look what is beginning to bloom:
Wisteria! It is so fragrant - really overpowering in scent.
The Towhee was back yesterday afternoon while Fletch and I were sitting on the patio. And this guy kept us company:
A handsome fella for sure! Have a great day!