Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Tiny Needle Tuesday, 4/13/21

 Good Morning All!

Another damp, kind of chilly day here.  But, I think it is supposed to warm up some.  Fletch is planning to grill some lamb chops for us for dinner!!  Lamb is one of those meats that I don't want to have really often, but a nicely grilled loin chop is delicious (as is 7 hour leg of lamb - some day I'll share that recipe!).

This morning finds me still having connection issues to the VPN when I am remote.  I can put my password in, but when the screen comes up stating that a code has been texted to me, I don't receive the text.  I tried having a call to my cell instead, but that didn't work either.  Tom from IT (kind of like Jake from State Farm - LOL) believes it is something that can be fixed remotely...hopefully that is the case as I am unable to access any of my files on the network!  That, my friends, means I can't do much work.  Yesterday I did go into the office, but as soon as I turn my laptop on at the office I am connected to the VPN.  Tom was in the office yesterday and looked at some "back" things on my laptop, but everything is set up the way it should be.  I was going to have to change my password in a few days anyway, so I went ahead and did that, but the problem wasn't solved.  Tom is not the fastest to respond to me, but I'm hoping this can be taken care of this morning.

In the meantime, here we are at Tiny Needle Tuesday.  The finale is getting closer and closer!  This past week I stitched a couple of leaves, a couple of letters and a pretty toadstool.  Here's a close up of what was stitched.


All of the letters except my initials have now been stitched.  The red in the toadstool is the color I will use to stitch my initials and I will also put in 2021 in that color somewhere in the sampler.  There are still two border motifs to be stitched and a couple of creatures.  Here is an overall shot of where things are as of last night:


Because I belong to the Free Library of Philadelphia, I get emails from them all the time.  Yesterday the email contained a link to an article in the "Philadelphia Inquirer" for a plant swap that the library is doing.  What a fun idea!  Along the lines of a Little Free Library, but this is taking place at the library (initially at the Chestnut Hill branch).  Wouldn't it be cool if this took off and started happening all over?

That's it for me on this dreary Tuesday morning.  If things (weather) improves, I may try to get a walk in...or I may have to hang around to deal with computer issues...hopefully not.  Enjoy the day!!

16 comments:

  1. Your stitching is just glorious, Vera! That will be a stunning piece to hang in your house! I love that plant idea (and I think that the Phipps Conservatory does something like that each spring!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one wonderful sampler, and like you said, it will soon be complete! You should be proud to put your initials on such lovely stitching. Our Cooperative Extension used to do a plant exchange before covid, but I think it's been cancelled again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A plant swap sounds fun. There was a seed swap going on here recently. That computer this is a pain but so nice that you have other ways to use your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a plant swap, but my concern would be in getting a "sick" plant. I've gotten plenty of those, even from the nursery.

    Your latest sampler additions are lovely, especially that pretty maple leaf. I can't get over how far it's come. Your work has been admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The public library in Laramie has a seed swap every year, but I like the idea of a plant swap better. The sampler is getting closer and closer to completion, and it’s even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am simultaneously excited to see the end of this sampler and also sad that it won't be making an appearance for much longer. But it'll be a lovely piece!

    A plant swap sounds like fun. I used to have a library card for the Free Library of Philadelphia, but even if I knew where it was, I'm sure it's long expired, and I'm guessing the plant swap doesn't work out well long distance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in total and complete awe of your stitching. Every week you manage to make my jaw drop!
    The closest I've ever been to lamb meat is at the MDSW and even this vegan has to admit it smells darn good on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little toad stool is adorable. Not long now and you will be doing the big finish happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you are so far along with that Stitch Masterpiece! It cold here. i don't like it one bit. But, I should be glad that I have both vaccines on board and we went out to late lunch . It was so fun to go out again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're nearing the finish line on that sampler, a real accomplishment! The plant sale at the library is a neat idea. Hubby brought me a Daphne yesterday as we lost our old one years ago. Have a super week! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The leaves are beautiful, and you know I love a good toadstool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the computer woes have eased. A plant exchange is a great idea. When I divide iris I give away as many as I can but always end of throwing some away. I always think there must be others dividing iris in this city and that we should share. The sampler continues to grow and look great. The toadstool is delightful. I set aside my embroidery. Maybe I'll get back to it this summer. I better or it is going to collect too much dust.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sampler. It's gorgeous and I couldn't possibly pick a favorite motif on it. They are all so unique and wonderful. It looks like a piece of folk art to me. The plant swap sounds like a great idea. I really want to get some plants for the new house to make it feel like a home. I do miss my RV. Dennis shows me around most nights. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,
    Sorry you are having computer problems, I hope it can be fixed soon.
    Your sampler is beautiful, I love the pretty leaves, letters and the toadstool. The plant swap sounds like a great idea, I looking to plant more plants just to attract the birds. I am cutting back on the bird seed and food. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. boy oh boy is that sampler coming along nicely!! We had a sunny day yesterday and so far this morning is looking beautiful!! Then of course RAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the plant swap sounds like a lot of fun--let us know what you swapped for! Your sampler is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete