Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday 9/5/23

 Good Morning My Lovlies!

How are you?  Today is back to school day around these parts.  And, for me, it is back to the office.  No, no, not permanently...I'm just going in today.  I've a large (60+ people) conference call at 10 and I really need Tom From IT (AKA Jake From State Farm) to look at my laptop.  It started acting up yesterday...in that the power was on but nothing would appear either on the laptop's screen or...when hooked up to the docking station...nothing on my monitor.  And, the laptop was extremely HOT.  Not a good sign.  Finally several hours later it came on.  I did a couple of things and then shut it down completely and unplugged it from the docking station.  It came on fine this morning, so I'm not sure what's up!

I woke up several times last night.  The sky was lit up with the fading full moon (still rather large) and lots of stars in the sky.  Twice I looked out the back bedroom window to see several deer browsing under the apple tree.  You can tell they are very alert - even in the middle of the night!  And then the last time I looked out (around 5:15 or so) there was only one, and she was laying in the grass taking a little rest.

Before my busy day begins, let's jump into TNT - Tiny Needle Tuesday.  Once again there has been progress on both pieces I am stitching.  The Sampler Aux Bouquets continues to grow and grow.


A little tilted, but you get the idea.  The lower right saw a new tree and a bird added.  Here is a close up of that area:


I am moving into the third and final section of this sampler.  There are some new creatures that will be added in the next few weeks.  I'm looking forward to that.  And, of course, another alphabet will be stitched.

Meanwhile, in the desert, the cacti triptych continues to bloom.  The Ocotillo is beginning to show some flowers.  


There are two different greens in the Ocotillo and they are so close in color.  Likewise, the blooms contain three different shades of orange.  It's just about enough to make a person crazy!  LOL

Whatever this Tuesday holds for you, I hope it is a good one.  Have some fun!

11 comments:

  1. I hope Jake can fix things better than the washing machine repairs have been going! I do like that bird in a tree in a stylized octagon (or whatever you call that shape). That sampler just might go on forever but it certainly looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A laptop getting hot and not wanting to really turn on is not a good thing! I hope it's just a glitch and nothing is seriously wrong with it.

    The stitching is looking wonderful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Bonny and hoping that Jake is a superior fixer to those washing machine repair dudes! Both stitching projects are moving along, but I really love the cacti triptych. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Vera. I think all your "household glitches" (I include your computer in that category) are a true sign that it's time for a vacation! I love seeing your stitching projects unfold. The big sampler is just charming -- but the cacti have really grabbed my heart! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stitching is looking great - love the cactus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stitching looks great! We are getting a large group of deer at our corn crib feeder-we just love watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That medallion is gorgeous. Imagine it larger and as a sampler itself--how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous stitching! I look forward to seeing the new additions every Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That big sampler keeps getting better and better. What a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is all so beautiful! 60 people is a lot for a conference call!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dislike when I have computer woes, I hope they are fixed soon! As always love to see you projects!

    ReplyDelete