Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday 9/12/23

 Good Morning!

The sky cleared overnight and at dark thirty this morning, the crescent moon was shining brightly and there were so many stars visible from our bedroom window.  It was beautiful.  And, I spotted a deer browsing under the apple tree.

Now I'm up and have had a little coffee, put a fresh/clean tablecloth on the table, gathered up some things for laundry (which I will do once Fletch is up and out of the shower).  I did get over to Colin's yesterday and watered the house plants and gathered up the mail (all junk) for the recycling bin.  I also cleaned out the last of the condiments that were aging in the frig.

Now it is time for Tiny Needle Tuesday.  More progress was made on both pieces this past week.  More on the larger one, but the Cacti Triptych also saw a few additions.


More orange blooms have been added.  There is a bit more green to be stitched (and more blooms) as well as the base of the Ocotillo.

My major focus was the big Sampler Aux Bouquets.  Quite a bit more was added to this piece.


A tiny rabbit and leaf at the top; a pot with branches full of green leaves, a beetle (I love that beetle), more border at the bottom and an outline at the top where there will be something.  Plus a few hearts scattered around.  Here is a shot of the overall picture.


The upper left looks like it is stained blue, but that is just a shadow.

Still quite a bit more to do on this one.  Both of these pieces will be coming with me on vacation (as well as knitting of course).

Today we will be picking up a few things at the grocery store to take with us on vacation.  Since we are doing Air BnBs, we plan to do most dinners wherever we are staying - we will take steaks, hot dogs, salmon, etc. to cook.  Plus veggies.  And yogurt and eggs for breakfast.  I'm taking my mini frother from our camper so that I can have frothed milk for my coffee.  All the comforts of home!  My bosses are all in meetings up in Boston today, so I should be left alone!  LOL

Wherever this Tuesday finds you, I hope all is well and that you are having some fun.

13 comments:

  1. You're making great progress, and I hope you're able to make even more while you're away and not dealing with work silliness! I love the Sampler aux Bouquets more and more every time you post and kind of want to stitch it myself. Would you mind sharing where you got the pattern? I googled it and came up with the Jardin Prive´website, but I'm not sure if there's a source somewhere in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitching pieces are just lovely! I so look forward to your Tuesday updates so I can see how they're unfolding. I hope you have plenty of time for relaxing and stitching during your vacation, Vera! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That enormous sampler, Vera... my gosh, it is lovely! That is truly a masterpiece! I hope that your packing goes well! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next on the Cacti sampler, and that beetle is really something! It sounds like you've got food, stitching, and knitting well under hand, and I hope you get left alone to get ready for vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwww...that little bunny is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, that sampler is epic! I'm trying to imagine a frame for it Someday. I'm so glad your vacation time all worked out--see, now you're actually preparing to pack for it. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching!
    A vacation sounds like heaven. The Mister and I are both down in the dumps most likely due to this awful weather. Even with a bit cooler temps the humidity is terrible. What I would give for a change of scenery right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The big sampler must be a delight to stitch - so many darling motifs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work all around. I hope you frame the cacti (or maybe use as a table runner?).

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sampler has so many tiny little details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the beetle, too! It is a very handsome one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always your stitching is an inspiration. I just love that large sampler. The long rectangular shape is interesting to me. It sounds as if your trip is coming together. Amen to taking the comforts of home with you. You remind me of a hand milk frother that is stashed in the back of a kitchen cupboard. I should retrieve it and add some frothed warm milk to my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like to eat in on vacation because the food is always better than eating out. However eating out is easier than eating in. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete