Friday, September 1, 2023

A Finish! But My Washer is Not Fixed Yet...

 Hello My Friends,

Welcome to September - a fine and wonderful month.  Both Fletch and I have birthdays this month.  My computer is saying it is 53 outside and it does, indeed feel a bit chilly, but wonderful.  I know, I know.  The 90's are coming - Labor Day and surrounding days are most likely going to be pretty uncomfortable.  C&M are getting away for the weekend - a good thing since their AC has been out this past week and it is now scheduled to be fixed next Tuesday!  Their temps have been over 100 daily.  The maintenance folks brought them room units, but their apartment is still pretty warm.  I hope Talbot and Marcel will be ok while they are gone.

The story with the washer is that the part was ready to be shipped but was in Florida and delayed due to the hurricane.  At this point I'm just saying "Whatever."  Nothing I can really do except become a regular at the laundromat.  Yesterday there were some weirdos there...I just wanted to wash all the rugs from the bathrooms - nothing much.  So I did that and got out of there.  I did take my knitting with me and then last night knit some more and voila:


 The Allsorts socks are finished!!  I like them, but they may go into the gift box.  I knit them the same way I knit all my socks - same leg length and foot length, but these are a little smaller and a little tight on my feet.  I used a #1 needle instead of a #2.  No biggie - it's not like I don't have more than enough socks to wear.  LOL

We were also successful in booking all of the various AirBnB's for our upcoming trip.  Hard to believe we leave two weeks from yesterday!  Fletch has already started gathering things together to take with us (so much!  too much!  just my opinion).

I'm in Friday mode!  My conference calls have been cancelled (not a surprise with it being a holiday weekend).  Most likely I will nap since I was awake more than I slept last night.  I do want to do some baking though - I have rhubarb and peaches in the frig that need to be used ASAP.  I'm thinking a rhubarb/peach crostata and I may bake a batch of blueberry muffins as well.

Besides napping and baking, I'm hoping for knitting and stitching time.  I already did a bunch of work this a.m. (dark early), so I'm thinking I'm done with work for today (fingers crossed).

Wishing everyone a fun Labor Day Weekend - enjoy these last Summer days!

15 comments:

  1. Those socks would be welcome this morning (it is chilly here in Pittsburgh and I could have used socks on my dark early walk with Sherman!) Yay for Airbnb reservations! (and we always always take too much. We talked about packing "brevity" last night at dinner!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a really good job at "backing brevity" . . . when I'm flying somewhere. But I'm pretty terrible when I'm going by car, and can always find space for "one more thing!" (If I have space, I will fill it!) I hope your weekend is relaxing and productive, Vera. I know how hard it is to get everything ready for a long trip . . . XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be PACKING brevity, by the way. . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A non-working washer is kind of depressing, but what else can you do except go to the laundromat. It did make me appreciate my washing machine when I did a few loads this morning. I hope you are done with work today and have a lovely long weekend. The cool temps have me thinking about baking bread this morning, but your baked goods sound tastier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty socks you've made! I know what you mean about the slight change with the smaller needles. Who would guess they would make such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The socks look great! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure like the socks but sorry about them not fitting. That's disappointing. Also sorry about the washer. You've got a good attitude about it though. We leave Sunday morning and I've barely packed anything. I just can't seem to get motivated. My back has been bothering me all week and I dread that long flight.
    Have a great Friday and weekend Vera.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad about the washer, for sure!
    Socks look great!
    It's supposed to be hot and gross here all weekend too, so I think its going to be an inside weekend for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. I usually pack the car full when we're heading off -- even if it's just for a weekend! Gah! I hope your washing machine part can start heading your way soon! Have a great weekend, Vera.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, the zen-ness of accepting the washer delay! May you have a working washer sooner than later :) LOVE those socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry the washer still isn't fixed, but I guess there's not much you can do about a hurricane! We're having gorgeous, cooler weather here today to, and it was so nice to be out in it on my run -- it really feels like fall out there! I hope you can fit in some good naps and lots of stitching time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo for the big finish! I do love that colorway. I hear you about the washer delay. I've come to accept it takes weeks not days to get anything fixed anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many parts for things are held up everywhere. It's a constant problem, especially for auto parts. I'm so sorry, but you're right--no use in fretting and getting upset.

    I've been missing rhubarb preserves lately. Do you ever make that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your Labor Day weekend is going well. Oh man, that washing machine repair saga just keeps going. The socks look great and someone will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete