Friday, September 8, 2023

Finally Friday! 9/8/23

 Hello Friends,

Well, the day finally arrived:  my washer is fixed!!  Fingers crossed it stays that way.  The repair guys were here yesterday afternoon, installed a new motherboard and ran a cycle.  After they left, I ran two loads of wash through and all worked well.  Whew!  It's been a long haul and I'm sure you all are happy to not have me writing about the laundromat anymore!  LOL

It's been a funny week.  I have not really been able to focus well enough to work on anything AND have not really felt like knitting or stitching or reading.  Instead I wander around thinking about stuff.  And that is annoying!

BUT, tomorrow is New Jersey Sheep and Wool and Dee and I will be going together (sorry Bonny is out of town and cannot join us this year).  Showers are in the forecast, but the event is in several large barns, so out of any downpours that may occur.

And then Sunday is my birthday!  I cannot believe I will be 70 years old.  YIKES!!!  We don't really have plans - we may go out for breakfast and/or dinner - yet to be determined.  We need to get ready for vacation - so more laundry, packing, planning food to take, etc.  And, of course, planning what to take for knitting, stitching and reading.  The important things!  I also need to get over to C&M's to water plants before we take off.

Meanwhile, I have one conference call today.  Work continues to be amazingly busy and filled with annoying things...like on-line training that I had to complete before the end of the month (done yesterday) and my own self-evaluation (also due by the end of the month and completed yesterday).  I would have skipped that one, but I have not yet given notice....not until the end of November, so I have to pretend for now that I am still going to be working next year!  HA!

We finally had some rain yesterday and temps are (so far) a little milder today.  Thank God - the last 3 days or so have been above 90!

The deer continue to graze on the fallen apples...but the ones in the trees are attracting others.  Look closely and you will see a bird near the top enjoying some apple.


Have a wonderful weekend!  I'll be lost among the sheep and all the wooly things!!

18 comments:

  1. Happy Weekend Birthday! 70 is the new 50, from what I hear. ;-)
    Please tell me this is true.

    Enjoy your weekend with All Things Sheepful And Woolly and especially Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I'll be turning the big 7 0 in December myself. Whew...where did all that time go?
    A fiber festival? That sounds like heaven. There's one in VA in a few weeks that I like to attend every year but I am not going near it if it's hot. The last time I went it was in the 90's and it was miserable. Fingers crossed for a cool down that lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and have a great time at the festival. I am green with envy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday early and have a great time with Dee tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it exceedingly hard to believe you will be 70. There must be a mistake!!! Hope you have a wonderful day, regardless!

    Glad to hear about the washer too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my gram would insist you play the 'numbers' since it's your lucky day that the fridge is repaired. Happy birthday, celebrate all month long :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time at the festival! Please promise me you will treat yourself to something special for your birthday, too! You deserve it -- and I would never have guessed your age, so keep doing whatever it is that's keeping you looking so young!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the the eighth decade of your life! I am four years ahead of you. Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a happy birthday Vera! Glad the washing contraption is fixed. We've come a long way from the wringer to the mother board!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the washing machine!!!! I'll bet doing laundry never felt so good.

    See you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yippee about the washer! And another one for the fun of going to the Wool and Sheep show tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're having a great time at the Sheep & Wool! Happy Birthday, my friend! 70 looks great on you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great weekend - Sheep & Wool AND a big birthday - all my very best wishes and I think your vacation is now very-well-timed to mark that milestone. ENJOY! (also, I LOVED the video!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great birthday weekend for you. Happy Birthday. You know, 70 is only a number. I hope the Sheep and Wool Festival is fun. And hooray for lower temps. This hot weather has got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Heidi's birthday is today as well! Happy Birthday, my friend! And YAY for working washers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday, Vera! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray for a fixed washing machine! You certainly deserve a better birthday present than that, but I hope you had a good day. I missed you and Dee and NJ Sheep and Wool but I did see some amazing elk instead of sheep!

    ReplyDelete