Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Tiny Needle Tuesday 7-12-22

 Well Hello There and Good Morning!

The good news is that I slept oh so much better last night.  Much, much better.  The bad news is that I did not get my Shingrix vaccine yesterday.  Long story of insurance woes - on the phone for too long with my insurance company and then on the phone for way too long with my benefits department.  I'll spare you all the gory details, but I am rescheduled for the vaccine this morning at 9:15.  Fingers crossed that it happens.

Yesterday afternoon I was finally able to settle on a location for Kevin's meeting at the end of August.  Now I'm just waiting to hear back from him so that I can finalize plans with the resort.  Sometimes it is like herding cats.

And, speaking of cats I've had to have some serious talks with Mabel.  She has been killing birds left and right...leaving the "gifts" on our patio.  I know it is only natural, but it breaks my heart to see adult doves, baby cat birds and even a young downy woodpecker.  Survival of the fittest and all that, but I don't like it.  Once again I was telling her to focus on mice and voles and moles.  Honestly I don't like seeing them dead either, but I consider them pests.  This morning Mabel was loudly meowing on the patio roof (who needs an alarm clock?) - I guess she was bragging or exclaiming that she had listened to me because when I came downstairs to let her in, lo and behold there was a dead mouse on the patio (and no birds).  Now, if only she could be trained to keep the deer out of the flowers!

All of this brings us to Tuesday Morning and a TNT update.  The Simply Live sampler by The Primitive Needle is coming along very nicely.


All of the Primitive Needle designs are now OOP (out of print) and difficult to find.  So, if anyone is interested in this pattern please let me know.  I don't think I've ever stitched a pattern more than once, and there is no reason to hoard patterns I'm not going to stitch!

Time to pour another cup of coffee and check on the deer in the back yard.  Have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you slept better! Good luck getting your vaccine. Insurance companies are the WORST in my experience.

    That cross stitch pattern is so sweet - and look at your progress! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all your insurance woes work out today and you're able to get your vax! And sleepless nights? No. Fun. Glad you were able to get a better night's rest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there's an idea - a cat that scares deer away! Your stitching is lovely and you're progressing quickly. I was trying to schedule a Shingrix vaccine, but my insurance company couldn't tell me if my plan would pay for it if I got it at the dr.'s office or the pharmacy. My SiL is a family physician and she has lots of curse words for insurance companies. She says they are the ones who end up telling doctors how to practice medicine and patients are the ones who suffer (but we all know that). Hope your Tuesday is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed that all goes well with the vaccine today! I swear insurance makes everything more complicated -- yet another reason I think we should have single-payer health care in this country! I'm glad Mabel listened to your scolding and didn't bring you another bird today. Love the sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy. I am hoping you get your Shingrix vaccine today!

    Mabel... Sherman says, please leave the birdies alone. Listen to your mom... she knows best! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad all my cats have seemed to age out of that killing spree thing. I see a dead mole or mouse once in a very great while anymore. Your stitching looks great! That is a really pretty sampler with a very wise sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with you shot today. I'll check in later.

    The cross stitch just gets prettier and prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made great progress on the sampler!

    Despite being confined to the catio, there is still bird murder at our place too. Since moving here, Burton has brought me TWO juncos, and about a month ago, I found a fledgling robin dead in between some plants in the catio yard. He must have made a tentative flight in and not been strong enough to get back out - perfect prey for a fluffy black cat. (I know the juncos were Burton, though admittedly, the robin could have been anyone of the three. The fact it wasn't brought to me means it likely wasn't Burton, actually)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in a constant state of Outrage about insurance companies and their overarching power. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I smiled through your description of the conversation with Mabel. I have the same kinds of talks with Zoey. "Now we don't have to bark every time a bird flies through the yard, it annoys the neighbors, etc." I can't tell if she's really listening to me or not. lol
    I sure hope you get your vaccine today. We loved our doctor in Spokane. He detested insurance companies. He said they only allowed for 7 minutes with a patient. He refused to comply. He said he didn't go into medicine to rush people through. And he didn't. I know he spent as long as needed with people. He said he was only going to stay in family practice until his kids are grown, then he's going into the mission field and helping those that need it and insurance companies won't be part of it.
    Take care and let us know how the vaccine goes.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does Mabel have a bell in her collar? “They” say it’s effective in warning the birds. If I still stitched, I’d accept your offer of the chart, but I haven’t picked up a needle in decades.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lena is only interested in hunting squirrels of which she has caught zero but it still keeps her attention! The stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. who knew Mabel would be so generous with her gifts! Love the words on your stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a lovely sampler. And Mabel Mabel Mabel--what are we to do with you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new neighbors' cat has adopted us! "Dash" is super friendly -- so friendly/underfoot that I'm afraid he's going to make me trip one of these days. Anyway, we get all the benefits of having a cat without having to feed or empty a litter box. Maddy & I noticed him take off after something in the back yard yesterday and, sure enough, a couple of minutes later he was proudly carrying a "gift" chipmunk to the back porch -- THEIRS, not mine! I'm very happy NOT to be on the receiving end of those gifts (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete