Thursday, April 28, 2022

Brief Reunion

 Hello, Hello,

Oh my!  It was so good to see the kids again.  Dinner was excellent and our time together, although way too brief for this Mom, was delightful.


On the left is Fletch, then Mailing, then Anna (with a scratched cornea in one eye), Maddy (cousin), and then on the right is Colin, then Bonnie and Zhongren.

This really is a whirlwind trip for them.  Colin is actually heading to his home office today to meet up with some people, then this afternoon they drive over to NJ.  There is a welcome dinner tonight, the wedding tomorrow and then a brunch Saturday morning.  They get back Saturday afternoon in time to party with friends.  Colin flies back to TX on Sunday and Mailing is staying up here to work at her home office for the week.

For those of you worried about Talbot & Marcel, a friend of C&M's who happens to live in the same apartment complex is caring for those two sweet cats while C&M are up here.

Lunch yesterday at Paladar was really good too.  Paladar is a new-to-me restaurant that is a Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar.  Very good food.  The drink menu looked good, but I only had water.  It actually was quite nice to get together with some of my work-mates!  

OK, gotta run - I leave in under an hour for PT and I need to dump more coffee into my system before then.  

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to see C&M, even if it was far too brief. I can't tell for sure, but I see some people using chopsticks. I'm very clumsy with them, but love to see people successfully eat rice with them. What a great way to spend your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last fall, E&K were in Toledo, OH for a whirlwind weekend wedding -- and it just about sunk me to know they were so nearby, but with no chance of any kind of meet-up. I'm glad you were able to sneak in a quick (although too brief) reunion with C&M. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you got to see C&M... I just wish it had been for longer. Good luck at PT today! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whirlwind reunion is far better than no time at all. Wasn't it wonderful just to hug them again? That will help you immeasurably until the next time. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those smiles! It makes me happy to see everyone together, even if it was only a brief visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a whirlwind! I'm glad you got to be a small part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry your visit with them was so brief but I'm glad you managed to have dinner together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a very happy party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would take a quick visit any day from my faraway son! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you all got to be together!!! May it happen again soon!!

    ReplyDelete