Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 Good Morning!

Well, a bit more snow fell than was forecast!  Here is what it looked like all morning (well, from 9:30 on) - a downy at the suet feeder and other birds flying in to sample thistle seeds and meanwhile the snow coming down like crazy!



All told, we ended up with an additional 5" or so.  By 2 p.m. the snow had stopped and temps had risen above freezing.  It still felt cold and damp to me, but Fletch went out and shoveled a path to the birdfeeder as well as out to the compost area.  We did not get the forecast rain, so there is still a lot of snow on the ground.

It was a good day to say inside and have some tea.  I had a fairly busy morning work-wise, but the early afternoon provided an opportunity for some knitting and stitching.  The past week was a pretty good one for my tiny needle.  Here's an overview of where my Quaker Autumn Sampler now stands.


You can see the middle motif is finished - complete with a hunter and a deer!  In addition to finishing that motif, I managed to stitch 3 leaves, the letters X, D and Q, a small bird to the right of the D and the larger bird with a branch (of something) and a red beak.  Here's a close up:


Still quite a bit to stitch on this, but I can tell the end is in sight!

I tried a new recipe last night that turned out delicious!  Encilada stuffed mushrooms:


Portobella Mushroom caps stuffed with a mixture of sauteed onions, pepper and garlic.  Then you add some frozen corn and a can of (rinsed) black beans.  A bunch of spices, some fresh chopped cilantro and a small can of red enchilada sauce.  I baked them at 400 for about 20 minutes then pulled them out to add some shredded cheese on top and sliced jalapenos on mine.  I made fresh quacamole to go with it.  So yummy!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!  

12 comments:

  1. The hunter on that sampler is so intricate. It all looks wonderful. Love the idea of portobello enchiladas. It sounds warm and filling and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot of stitching done over the past week, and I really do love the randomness of that sampler. Those mushrooms sound delicious (and I like your plates, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green oak leaf is really pretty. You are moving right along.

    The mushroom dish sounds very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could sip tea and watch it snow like that all day. Great progress on the sampler.

    Before I moved, I would drive to a local mushroom farm for Portobello caps as well as Cremini. I haven’t had mushrooms since I moved because they were so fresh and delicious straight from the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at the snow come down. That's what it has looked like a LOT here the past few weeks but today is beautiful sunshine. For the morning anyway and then a "wintry mix" this afternoon! I'm enjoying the sunshine while I can.
    Your stitching is coming along great. I love how it's not "orderly" at all and is so random.
    Your dinner looks delicious too. Dennis would love some jalapeno's on his too. Not me!
    Have a great day Vera.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. There might still be a lot of stitching left to do, but suddenly your sampler looks a lot more full to me! The mushrooms sound yummy. Tonight's dinner is taco stuffed peppers, an experiment I tried a few weeks ago that was a surprise hit with my picky daughter.

    I'm sorry you got a lot of snow instead of the rain that we got. I hope the warmer temperatures we're experiencing now make their way to you later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're getting some REAL snow at your house! All that is left here are some slowly melting drifts. I love the center of your x-stitch, amazing hunter and the gun and a lovely deer, I hope he missed his shot. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the stitching looks and want to try the mushroom idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those mushrooms do look delicious! What a great idea! Also... your stitching is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That stitching is going to be a family heirloom. I found three framed and beautiful stitched gifts that friends made for my daughter. Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, one about may she have all the friends, and the other one I can't remember right now. I hope mydaughter will hang them someday or give them to her grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--do you deliver?! It looks delicious. The stitching is really coming along-if the snow continues like this, you will be getting the sampler done in record time!

    ReplyDelete