Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Still Snowing on Tiny Needle Tuesday 2/2/21 AKA Groundhog Day

 Hello and Good Morning!

It appears the weather folks were correct...for a change...we have not had a storm like we are having currently for a long, long time.  Yesterday we had sleet ALL morning.  You could hear it hitting the window and at times making an awful racket.  At some point in the afternoon it changed back to snow.  Fletch was out shoveling a path to the bird feeder and I stepped out to take a picture.  This was at 9 p.m. last night (Monday night):


And now it is 6 a.m.  This next picture is one I took when I stepped out on the patio at 5:30 a.m. this morning:


It looks very similar, but I can tell it is a little deeper.  The weather app on my phone is showing the snow continuing through 7 p.m. tonight.  That will be a lot!  Or as my friend Leslie commented, "that's a butt load of snow!"

I did make a turkey pot pie for dinner which turned out great (and I forgot to take a picture) and also made some bread (and failed to take a picture of that too).  We haven't tried the bread yet, but it's an oatmeal bread with wheat germ and both whole wheat and white flour.  Work was a little busy for me, but not too crazy.

The birds were feeding like crazy ALL day.  This guy showed up at our peanut feeder while Fletch and I were having lunch.


Lots of blue jays, chickadees, tufted titmice, sparrows, wrens, woodpeckers, cardinals, etc.  Fun to watch.  And, amusement for Tyg of course!  He was trying to help last night as I took pictures of my Quaker Autumn Sampler:


Poor Tyg has been a little stir crazy.  He goes out and then comes back in...then goes out again and comes back in...then chases kitty ghosts all around the house.  After a bit he will settle in a chair in the kitchen where he can feel the warmth of the heater or he will sprawl on the bathroom floor tucking his paws underneath the heater.

But, speaking of the sampler, it is TNT, or Tiny Needle Tuesday and a little bit of progress has been made in the past week.



The letter Y, the acorn and the rabbit were all stitched this past week.  The rabbit looks more like a Jackalope minus the antlers.  Fletch thinks it looks like a Kokopelli.  Whatever it is, it was fun to stitch.  Slowly but surely the sampler is filling in a bit.

On another topic, I'm tempted to fool around a bit with MDK's Kiki Mariko pattern - looks like an awful lot of fun.  Is anyone working with this (or have you in the past)?  The MDK post today shows a sweater (!!!) in that pattern as well as a cowl and, of course, the rug.

Planning to get more knitting (and maybe a bit of stitching) done today.  The bathrooms need to be cleaned as well and now some laundry because earlier I spilled an entire cup of coffee on me!  Klutz!  Have a wonderful Tuesday!

14 comments:

  1. I have been tumbling Kiki Mariko around in my brain. I am determined that there will be no "band wagon" knitting... but just looks so fun! (and that sweater, oy!!) I am not sure I have enough of the same weights of yarns in my stash... but I might have enough to make a fun cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Fletch and think the rabbit definitely has that kokopelli posture. It's laundry day here, too, and as soon as I've got a load in the dryer, I'm heading back out to shovel some more. We got another 6" last night on top of the 14" we got yesterday, and I can't believe it's still snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to get that much snow! It's just an amazing thing. . . (and, thankfully, once the snow stops falling, it doesn't take too long to melt away - or at least down - again). Enjoy the magic! I think the kokopelli rabbit is actually a hare! I have a friend who did watercolor study after study of hares, so I was "forced" (in that friend kind of way) to learn about them, too. They often stand on their hind legs -- and they fight each other that way. They also have longer ears than rabbits. . . (She would be so proud of me for remembering all that hare-stuff.) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rabbit looks like he is up to no good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wild rabbit, for sure. So tall and skinny. I'll defer to Kym's hard-won expertise. lol.

    We got snow as well--not as much, but all my shovelling yesterday has been undone. I don't want to go out today in the brisk north winds, but the exercise is so good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....that is a lot of snow. We got another half inch overnight and we've had flurries all morning which is nice. The bunny is interesting. I always love seeing how designers translate critters into blocks.
    My indoor/outdoor kitties are going nuts too. They whine at the door and then want to come right back in. Up and down. Up and down. At least I'm getting my exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    It finally stopped snow here! Great capture of the woodpecker! The snow usually brings in a lot of birds to the feeders. TYG and the rabbit are cute, I like the big ears. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the rabbit is a Hare. Much taller, skinnier and longer ears. Some people also call them jackrabbits but I think jackrabbits are a bit different.
    That's a LOT of snow. We've been blessed this week by beautiful warmth in the 30's and 40's during the day although lows are still in the 20's. I'll definitely take it, especially for February. I am so ready for spring though.
    Stay in and stay safe.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackalope, LOL! I can see it! And the kokopelli too. I think he would look more bunny-ish if he weren't standing up on his hind legs.

    You all are really getting pounded with all the snow out east! We got several inches, but the roads were in decent shape this morning (or so my husband reported when he got back from the school run). I'm sure the birds are all really appreciating the feeders in this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you know that the Jackalope is indigenous to Wyoming? 😉 Your picnic table shows the accumulation of snow well. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You definitely got more snow than we did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see Kokopelli!!! Love it as a rabbit as well. Nice job.
    We have so much snow I am not sure where we will put the rest that is coming our way later in the week. Tyg.......mine get confused when I won't let them on the porch during very extreme cold when windchills are below 10 F.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does look kind of like a killer rabbit.. lol. You're so lucky to see that gorgeous woodpecker. We have a hummingbird feeder outside our kitchen window so that's what I'm seeing nowadays.. little tiny birds. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so much fun to watch the progress on your sampler. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete