Friday, February 19, 2021

It's Friday!

 Good morning!

We are on the verge of the weekend which makes me happy.  I have a 10 a.m. conference call and I think that's it for the day (fingers crossed).  We ended up with about 5" of snow and then some sleet on top of that.  It could have been worse, so I'm grateful that's all we got and it ended sooner than predicted.

Still cooking and consuming food these days.  Last night's dinner was rainbow trout, Asian green beans (fresh beans done in a wok with sesame oil and soy sauce and plenty of garlic - YUM) and quinoa with sliced radishes, chopped scallions chopped grape tomatoes, pepitas and dried cranberries - all with a splash of EVOO and fresh lemon juice.  


We also had some more of that decadent dark chocolate tart for dessert.  The scale was NOT my friend this morning - LOL.  Tonight I'm making home-made pizza.

A bit more knitting on the Yule Wave sock was completed.


The heel has been turned (in red), gusset stitches picked up and now the decreases are occurring.  It should be smooth sailing going into the weekend.

Finally, this guy says Thank You for all the well wishes.  We were able to get the de-worming med on him (administered similarly to Front Line...but liquid on the neck is not a pleasant thing for cats) and I have not been seeing the segments, so health is being restored.  He will get the second doses on 3/16.


Happy Weekend from all of us.  Enjoy!!

18 comments:

  1. That kitty needs a belly scritchin. What a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he is better!! I don't know how much we got in terms of snow, because it's still snowing! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see a happy Tyg!

    I hope your conference call goes quickly and you can officially start your weekend when it's done! I have a four-hour work Zoom this morning. Thank goodness I can knit my way through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that Tyg's "friends" are departing! Enjoy your weekend, Vera. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyg looks none the worse for his troubles.

    It just keeps snowing here. Our dwarf Japanese maple is almost completely buried now. Yesterday's storm gave me a migraine, and I really don't know if it was because of the weather or me feeling crabby about it. I'm just so sick of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More delicious food and your lovely sock is almost done! I'm glad Tyg is better but not very happy that it's still snowing here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for Tyg feeling better! Give him a big kiss from me.

    OH - anytime you want to send leftovers to us, you have my address ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trout is by far my favorite fish, especially rolled in cornmeal and pan fried. Happy to hear that Tyg is feeling better. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had rainbow trout for years. I have to admit, I was spoiled as a child - Dad loved to fish, so we never ate any fish that came from a grocery store(except fish sticks, lol). I've tried buying trout and pickerel from the store, but it's just not the same as right out of the lake!
    Hmmm... maybe I should convince Dave we need to get our fishing licenses this year.

    Tonight is homemade pizza night for us too!

    Tyg is so handsome! I have to keep an eye out for worms with Relic too... so far none, so we are doing good. I had a real battle with fleas this past fall (poor Burton... all that long fur to hide in!) but we finally conquered them. I'll have to stay vigilant when it warms up though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The meal and the knitting is a great way to get through winter! The socks are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Garlic Green beans. Oh yum! They are one of my very favorite foods. I think I need to put some on my next food order.
    Tyg is such a cutie. I'm glad he's better. You're sock will be done in no time. The foot always seems to fly off the needles.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we all have to come over for dinner, you always make me so hungry when you post all these delicious meals. I love your OHIO State socks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very glad that Tyg is much better! (and that meal looks amazing!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.. the dinner looks like you'd find in a fancy restaurant. We just had egg salad sandwiches for our dinner.. not fancy at all. But the eggs are from our own hens. Have a fabulous weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh TYg Tyg. its okay! Miss pie found out she will need a cleaning and likely extractions. She already is missing 3 teeth . The progressive disease means she will likely loose them all through surgery. We are saving up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,
    Your meal and the chocolate sound delicious! I am always looking for news recipes for fish. I like the sock, it is pretty. I am so happy TYG is recovering with the meds. Take care, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tyg is adorable. I didn't know that application requires a second dose. Our vet said to order online and he will approve it but I haven't checked into it further as of yet.

    Trout is one fish my mother used to smother in a sauce recipe because of the strong taste. Haven't had it in years but I plan to start eating more fins and less legs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your meal sounds delish, especially the quinoa dish. Glad Tyg is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete