Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Finished Hat

Good Morning!

Did you all have a nice Halloween?  We did not have a single person/child/animal come to our house for treats.  So...I brought the candy we had bought into the office...it will disappear quickly I'm sure.

Around here, the colors are finally beginning to pop.  I pass this tree on my to and from work.  Yesterday on my way home I was able to stop in the street for a moment to get a shot of it.  It is just brilliant!


Yesterday my office closed early for Halloween.  Lots of other places must have too because traffic was heavy at 2 p.m.!!  But, with the bit of extra time, the Crazy Hat was completed last night.  Just as I thought, a 4th color came in at the top.  This color wasn't as long a repeat as the others, but I like the way it turned out.  First up, my willing model, Fletch, in the completed hat:


And here's the top - I tried to spread the hat out so you could see all the variations in color.


I even tried it on - so soft and (I think) it will be plenty warm.  I love it.  Guess I need to make one for moi!  But I think next up will be some socks (of course) and some fingerless mitts.

Meanwhile, gotta run - more reports to do today at work and also open enrollment starts today.  I need to remember to sign up!  hope your week is going well.

16 comments:

  1. We didn't have any trick or treaters either, so I sent the candy to work with John, far out of my reach. 'Tis the season for fingerless gloves! I've got yarn waiting for me at home to start some for Christmas knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat turned out just right! Nice to see how the yarn played out.
    That tree is beautiful-thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat looks great! I didn't purchase any candy, and as I predicted didn't have any Trick or Treaters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a fun hat! No little goblins here last night either. I guess trick or treating is a thing of the past around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had plenty of trick-or-treaters last night. . . but, luckily, everything died down before 8:00, so it didn't last long. The hat looks perfect, Vera! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had about 50 kids, which I think is our best year yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We didn’t have any trick-or-treaters last night. That was no surprise because that’s how it seems to have been the past few years. However, a friend of ours who just lives a few miles away had 600+! Isn’t that crazy?
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ring of color at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. NO trick or treaters here either. TOday I took down the decorations. Its my habit. I love the hat finish

    ReplyDelete
  10. no trick or treaters at my house either! (I never get them). Love the hat and all the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy November! That yarn worked up beautifully :-) I need to make some socks for myself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy November! Love that hat: looks super warm! What's the pattern, again, please? Thx!
    Have a great weekend!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hat Vera, we only had a few trick or treaters here. But Little Buddy had fun and that is all that matters to me. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo on the hat finish.. now you'll have to show it to us modeled by your son!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Warlight! Loved The English Patient too. lol! I have actually read one or two others by him as well and enjoyed them. Nice hat!

    ReplyDelete