Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Unraveled Wednesday 11-21-18

Good Morning!


Boy did I sleep in this morning!!  Usually I'm up by 5:30 on work mornings and typically by 6:30 or so on weekends.  Today?  I rolled out of bed at 8:15.  What a luxury.


I did manage to knit after dinner last night and finished the first sock.  Lest I enter into Second Sock Syndrome, I promptly started the second:




A little busy on that Fall tablecloth....I have not measured exactly yet, but I think I managed to start the second sock in approximately the same place in the yarn colors as the first one, so they should be close to matching.  I think these will be for Fletch - he has been admiring the texture (Hermoine's pattern) and likes the colors.  Hoping to knit a bit more today, but also want to work on the fingerless mitts.


I did make the cranberry fig sauce this morning.




I'm anxious to taste it when it has cooled more.  While warm it was good...but not my favorite.  However, we all like trying new things, so that's good.  There are shallots and fresh rosemary in this as well as balsamic vinegar (and the only balsamic vinegar I have on hand is honey-ginger...so a few more flavors thrown in).


A few weeks ago Colin had brought over some home-made breakfast bars that were so good.  He gave me the recipe and I plan to make some of them this afternoon...will let you know how they turn out.  I will also mix up the dough for my pie crust.  I am only making a pumpkin pie this year (usually I make apple and pecan as well).  But I think Mailing's sister may bring a pie and there will only be five of us...so no need for a ton of desserts. 


I also need to run out to do a couple of errands this afternoon.  Hopefully places won't be too crowded (not holding my breath on the liquor store though).  Fletch heard that someone is now making a cranberry liquor - hoping to find that we well as some wine to take to Colin & Mailing's.


On the reading front, I am almost finished To The Bright Edge of The World.  So good!  I don't want it to end...but my overdrive loan ran out a couple of days ago, so time to finish it and let it wing back over the airwaves to someone else.


Linking up with Kat and friends this day before Thanksgiving. 

17 comments:

  1. The stripes worked out great on the sock! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good day - taking your time with recipes, trying out new ones, and sleeping in! Our liquor store carries a cranberry liquor from Clear Creek; I hope you find it without too many people and too much aggravation. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for sleepin' in! Wish I could awaken that late in the morning...but nope! I am for sure an early bird! Sounds like you're in for a lovely Thanksgiving day and a weekend of R & R. Do enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the body just wants to sleep and wake without an alarm. I'm glad you had a leisurely morning. May the rest of your holiday preparations go smoothly so you'll have time to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to sleep in!! I think there's some saying about a peaceful mind being able to rest - I hope you enjoy both peace and rest over the next few days. and pie! and knitting! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you in getting to sleep in. That cranberry dish sounds interesting. Love that Hermione pattern on your sock. That’s the pattern I just finished too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you're having a perfect day off! I'm hoping the ilquor store wasn't too crowded for you . . . and you were able to enjoy the spirit of the day. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cranberry liquor? Really? I need some. I just finished the pumpkin rum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes, that second sock syndrome. I do the same thing. Cast on right away. Good for you for sleeping in - sometimes that is the best use of time. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo on the sock finish and the 2nd sock start! My cook husband chopped the veggies for the sage bread dressing for the morning and then made the orange cranberry sauce. So easy, just raw cranberries, water, corn starch, sugar and orange marmalade boiled together.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*

    Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Socks are looking great! Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that sock. Perfect pattern for that yarn.

    Have a good time tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work on the sock-and casting the second one right away! I am looking forward to a sleep in on Sat--with everyone here, the sleep cycle has been turned on its head....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cranberry-fig sounds amazing. What a great relish.
    I love Hermoine's Everyday Socks. I can't remember how many times I've used that pattern -- and it never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The socks are already looking great! I'd love Colins homemade breakfast bar recipe if you have time

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the stripy sock! Happy Thanksgiving a few days late :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that sock!! And I'm interested in the breakfast bar recipe, too! Cranberry liqueur would be right up my alley -- did you find some??

    ReplyDelete