Friday, November 16, 2018

TGIF 11-16-18

Hello All,

It seems as though Winter is upon us.  The snow started here around 11 yesterday morning.  The snow was very pretty coming down....my 12 mile commute home was not so pretty - lol.  I left the office around 1:10 p.m. and walked in my door just before 4 p.m.  The roads were so packed with folks that I averaged 3-4 mph the entire way!!  Initially I was attempting to take back roads home, but there were so many cars stuck that I headed for the main highway.  I got home safely and that's what matters. 

Meanwhile, our Thanksgiving luncheon yesterday was so nice.  Shortened up quite a bit due to the weather - no one hung around for long, but the food was excellent.

This morning I woke up to more snow - crazy!  It was supposed to turn to rain, but it did not.  Once it stopped around 7 a.m. I went out to clear the car and warm it up.  No problems getting into the office - very light traffic and just slush on the roads.  Breakfast was just delivered, so all is good!!  And...my boss told me to leave by Noon today.  Nice!!

I was pretty tired after the commute home and actually fell asleep at the table knitting - lol.  Here is the start to the Lopi fingerless mitts.  These are going to be SO warm!!


I was not the only one who fell asleep!  Tyg must have been in and out of the house 15 times within a 90 minute span of time.  He'd go out and then want to come in...he'd sit by the door and meow to go out again. 

And here are some more Friday kitties for you.  Colin texted me this picture of Talbot and Marcel this morning:


They look so cozy.  The green trunk/chest that Marcel is sitting on is one my Dad used when he was in college!!

Wishing you all a lovely and snow-free weekend!  Stay warm.




16 comments:

  1. Tyg is so curled up and dozy that he looks like a baby kitten.
    Love the colour of those mitts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyg DOES look small in that picture. (But, I know he's a giant-sized hunk of muscle. LOL) I see Marcel and Talbot picked the prime spots for a chilly day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A snow storm is predicted here this evening and all day tomorrow - perfect time to sew and knit and nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the cozy kitties!

    When I was headed home from my OT appt yesterday, I was the only one moving at all. Cars, buses, etc. were at a standstill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so glad you had safe commute both home last night and back to the office this morning. The first snow is nothing to mess with. People seem to need to learn to drive in it all over again every year. The mitts are looking beautiful and I love the kitty pictures. You look like you have quite the helper there. Enjoy your half-day off. Maybe there will be some extra knitting time in there.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just amazed at all the snow -- but none here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to be home when it is snowing! The mitt is off to a good start.
    Is that yarn the Lopi light? The cats know how to behave when it is snowing out--curl up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We made our first fire of the season last night and our cats played the in and out game all day too. They's just stand by the door and yowl to go out forgetting it was a mess out there. Repeat that about a million times. Today I kicked them all out in the sunshine. I hope they sleep good tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you made it safely home and back the next day. I enjoy seeing your kitty pix.. we had them for years and years but after the last one passed away we decided no more cat boxes. But we sure have the dogs around here! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talbot and Marcel have the right idea - stay cozy by the fire! Tyg is doing what Relic's been doing... and he's driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad you got home safely! We lost power, I went to the gym to shower and when I came home after another errand the electricity was back on and my good mood returned!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've had quite a bit of snow here so far, and more tomorrow. When it warms even slightly, it melts quickly at this time of year. It seems too early, though, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have only had a few inches of snow so far. IT seems early. It is so gray out though I'd rather have the snow as long as it is not a hazard for people. I better get knitting now. The cozy cat photos are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the warm and content kitty photos! We just got home and shoveled out; what a difference from just two hours south of here! Actually I shoveled a mixture of snow and leaves, but it's all off the driveway and sidewalk. Sorry for your awful commute yesterday, but I'm glad you had shortened days to make up for it. Have a wonderful warm weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Knitting, a cozy fire and snuggly cats = best way to "enjoy" the snow! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete