Monday, November 19, 2018

Foggy Monday

Hello All,

It is a foggy morning - not only outside...but also in my brain - lol.  I'm having some problem getting going this morning.  Even stopping at Starbucks on my way to work didn't help.

The weekend was relaxed which was lovely.  I met up with Dee on Saturday morning at "our" hangout - Backyard Beans.  Yay!!!  The Cardamom Black Pepper Latte is back.  So good!  We had some of that and then we had some tea and knit and chatted.  For me, an ideal Saturday morning.  I worked on the fingerless mitt for my SIL and got up to where I will increase for the thumb:


(Nothing more has been done on this).

If you read Dee's Blog you know there was a parade in Lansdale that day.  We were almost trapped!!  The main road and many side roads were blocked off, but we managed to make our way to the diner and ended up with front row seats.  It was a little chilly, so it was nice to watch the parade from inside (and while munching on fries!!).  Lots of fire trucks, local high school bands, some penguins on a float and, of course, Santa!!

Sunday I woke up late, but still managed to cook breakfast for Fletch and me (pancakes with Asian pear - yum!!).  We did some grocery shopping and I got a bit of knitting done on the sock:


About another 40 rows or so and I can decrease for the toes.

This is a short week at work.  My office closes at 1 on Wednesday and then is closed Thursday and Friday.  I may not bother coming in on Wednesday.  There are a few things I'm making for Thanksgiving to take to Colin & Mailings and I could use the day at home.  I'll see how things flow today and tomorrow.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!!

16 comments:

  1. It's almost always nicer to watch the parade than to suddenly be in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a warm place to watch the parade, and your knitting progress looks good. Have a great week (especially with a Wednesday to prep)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have front row seats for the parade. I know Dee loved seeing the fire trucks. Great progress on the sock! I hope everything goes smoothly today and tomorrow so you don't have to work on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy for you and Dee that you are able to meet every week and knit together. But may I admit that I’m a bit jealous too? I would love to be right there with you two.
    I remember reading that Dee liked in the fire trucks in the parade. How fun that you found a front seat inside to watch it. Munching on french fries was an added bonus!
    Dennis is pretty excited too that he has Thursday and Friday off. The closer he gets to retirement, the more he enjoys his days off. I hope you’re able to get everything done Monday and Tuesday so you can have that extra day to prepare.
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool that you and Dee happened on a parade and then fortuitously got to watch it while having lunch.. score! I love the colors in the mitt you're making.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*

    Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stripes in your socks! :-)
    And the parade sounds like a lot of fun! How great that you and Dee can get together for some knitting and chatting on the regular. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun was that to get a front row seat to a parade that you didn't even know about? And with Santa.....it just got even better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I remember getting stuck by a parade while driving home with the kids from my sister's and Ali had to GO POTTY!! Desperate, I knocked on a total stranger's door so she could GO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was foggy here this morning as well. Love stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had some foggy mornings here lately, too, but no snow. Looks like you have several nice projects in the works. Sure wish I could join you and Dee for a knitting time.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it the truth? Some mornings are just foggy all the way around. The purple/gray mitts will be a wonderful gift. You can't go wrong with fingerless mitts. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a great time on Saturday as usual.

    Wishing you, Colin, Fletch and Mailing a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hope Tyg gets a little turkey too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not usually a parade fan, but I could get behind one if I had a diner seat and some fries!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm home early from work due to not feeling well so I guess you could say I am foggy, too. Glad you met up with Dee. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope the fog cleared :-) and now you're now well into Holiday Mode! also love the knits in progress with that perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm behind-sorry! What a nice job on the long sock and the long cuffed mitt-lovely!

    ReplyDelete