Tuesday, November 20, 2018

More Fog

Hello All,

Another very foggy morning here (this time mostly outside...my brain isn't quite as foggy this morning).  My bosses agreed I should not come in to work tomorrow.  Woo-Hoo!  I'm going to try a new recipe for a cranberry sauce that includes dried figs in it - I'll let you know how that turns out.  It will be so nice to have the day tomorrow to putter around and get a few things made.  I'll most likely make the dough for the pie crust, but will hold off baking a pie until Thursday morning.  We won't be going over to Colin & Mailing's until mid-afternoon.

I did manage to knit some last night and I only have 8 rows or so until the toe decrease on the sock.  I brought it to work and am hoping that I can take a little time to knit today.

Our weather forecast for Thursday is showing only a high of 28!  Brrrrr.  Meanwhile, here is an image I found on the web years ago and just love:


Wishing you all a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

17 comments:

  1. I love those old vintage postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah...and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that postcard is adorable!! Your cranberry sauce recipe sound so interesting... will be waiting for your review! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your day tomorrow. It's nice to have time to relax and get some last minute errands completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute postcard. I’m glad you get an extra day to relax and prepare. I’m off to Costco this morning to buy pies. I had planned to go tomorrow but I have a doctors appointment. That cranberry dish sounds very interesting. You’ll have to let us all know how it turns out.
    Blessings always and happy Thanksgiving! Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cranberry sauce and dried figs sounds intriguing; I can't wait to hear how it tastes. I'd love to send out fun Thanksgiving postcards like turkeys in a corn car. Enjoy your relaxed day of making tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage corn car!!! Enjoy your wind-up to Thanksgiving, Vera. And I hope the fog clears soon. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you have tomorrow off ... and I can only hope you will NOT be driving in corn car on Thursday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy thanksgiving!! It's going to be ultra chilly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, poor Mrs. Turkey doesn't get much room in that car now, does she!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank YOU !! I hope your pie is awesome. We are headed to family for Thanksgiving for the first time in a long time. ZACH is with us. JOy JOy joy. I have worked on yeast rolls twice now this week. We are ready to roll and bring the rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What kind of pie will you make? We're making the whole turkey dinner here for the 8 of us.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We havent had fog and today - Wednesday - it's right sunny! Yay! I'm a tad behind schedule for gettin my chores done today...tomorrow's Thanksgiving.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had some nice foggy mornings, too. They make everything look soft and ethereal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Love your lopi project -- so warm!

    ReplyDelete