Monday, November 12, 2018

Weekending

Hello All,

Chilly this a.m.  This is the first morning I had to scrape my windshield!  A frosty (but pretty) world out there.

The weekend has come and gone so quickly.  Fletch and I decided to postpone our day away until Sunday as Saturday was bitterly cold with high winds.  Instead we did the grocery shopping and I picked up my new glasses.  That night I fixed a chicken dinner:


This is such a tasty and easy meal to fix:  I sauteed garlic, red onion, orange bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes and capers in some EVOO.  Added some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and continued cooking.  Added some fresh basil near the end.

Sunday did turn out to be a gorgeous day!  We headed out around 10:30, going West and then North.  We passed some beautiful farmlands and even saw some Amish buggies on the road.  We stopped for lunch at a diner and then continued and ended up around Hawk Mountain - a favorite place to hike (but we didn't stop as it was already around 2 p.m.).  Basically we have turned into "those Sunday drivers" we used to shake our fists at - lol.  It was just so pleasant and for the most part there was not much traffic.

We were home in time to relax before dinner which was vegetable beef soup I had started in the crock pot that morning.  Easy peasy.

I am still in the "lack of cowl" phase, but a new sock has been started:


The colors remind me of an Icelandic sweater - black, grey and white.  I'm almost to the heel flap of the first sock.

Hope you all enjoyed a fine weekend!  And here's to the week ahead.


15 comments:

  1. It's funny you mention Hawk Mountain; we were just talking about how we haven't hiked there in years and thought it would be fun to go soon. (Hopefuly we don't encounter Sunday drivers on our way!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounded just perfect! I'll have to check out that Hawk Mountain for a hike (when the weather warms up).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as though you have a great day. Thanks for the meal suggestions. I’m always trying to think of new things as I get into rut with my cooking. We spent most of the weekend inside as it was very cold here. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to just get out on a sunny day. Have lunch and enjoy the scenery. I said the very same to Mr. B. "We're turning into your parents, just go out for a Sunday drive and an inexpensive lunch." But what's wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat sock! Your dinner inspired me to search out an new recipe for chicken tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spontaneous, leisurely drives are a wonderful way to see new areas. I'm glad you had a good adventure. Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of crockpot weather recipes! The new sock is very pretty for man or woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You find the best striping yarns, Vera! Love those socks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you got out and about to enjoy the scenery. Nice socks! I just finished my sweater and am in that state of deciding what to knit next. I hate that. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have lots of memories of Sunday Drives from my childhood (not all great!) but yours sounds delightful. and I LOVE that sock!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a scenic drive as you probably have found out from reading my blog. Your chicken dinner looks yummy! I'm impressed with the socks. I must find my sock yarn and needles that I have.. SOMEWHERE! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure know how to weekend! Yummy food (will have to try that chicken recipe!), scenic views and wooly goodness equals happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. we love driving around and going nowhere specific. when we were first together we'd drive back roads and not look at a map! I am in full cowl making mode and have no socks on the needles.

    ReplyDelete