Monday, November 5, 2018

Another Rainy Monday

Good Morning!

Another grey, wet day here.  Yesterday was GORGEOUS.  We ended up getting tornado warnings Friday night which I slept through!  Luckily the "area of concern" was actually a little northwest of us.

All in all, it was a nice weekend.  I left work early on Friday, did some domestic chores and then headed up to Colin & Mailing's for dinner.  Fletch was already there.  After dinner we played Tokaido which was fun.  It's a board game we gave Col & Mailing 3-4 years ago, and they finally got it out a couple of weeks ago to play.

Saturday was extremely windy and more than a little chilly, but Dee and I met up at the Lansdale Farmers' Market.  We made the rounds quickly (I was freezing!!) and then headed over to Backyard Beans for some beverages, some chatting, and almost no knitting - lol.


I did some ripping though!  The teal colored yarn in the front is mine and it is just too soft for socks.  Luckily I hadn't gotten too far.

Sunday was filled (unfortunately) with more domestic chores (specifically the kitchen floor) and grocery shopping and cooking.  But, I did manage to start Leaving Cowl - a free pattern on Ravelry.  Rather than sport weight, I am using a MadTosh sock yarn.


I forget the color name of the yarn, but it has lovely shades of blue with a bit of copper thrown in and some sparkly bits.  I brought it to work and am hoping to finish the seed stitch border so that I'll be ready to start the pattern tonight.

Still reading Warlight, but almost finished.  I fell asleep with my Kindle open last night - guess I was a little too tired to read.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

10 comments:

  1. Cowls are just the thing for this chilly and damp weather and that one is very pretty. It will also come in handy for weeks like this with three days of rain. Maybe you can knit your next one with that lovely teal yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chatting over hot beverages on a cold day sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving cowl is lovely! I went and added it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seem to have much the same weather. Although it’s downright cold and raining here. Better rain than snow though! I’m glad you and Dee had another nice visit and I’m going to go look at the Leaving Cowl right now. Have a great week!
    Blessings, Betsy
    http://Betsy-thesimplelifeofaqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that Kindle thing almost every night now. I need an earlier start or a better book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute yarn bowl!

    The next time we get together we probably should at least TRY to knit some. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again--the first epi of the new House of Cards was good--a lot of new characters who are evil! I snoozed through the second. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new yarn is so appealing--nice choice. Good to have a great time together; the weekend sounds restful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to wear cowls and I love to knit them!! Wasn't the weather ultra dreary?? too much for me. Today the sun came out a bit to wink.

    ReplyDelete