Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Unraveled Wednesday 10/2/24



Good Morning Friends,

Isn't that a pretty Mum?  Fletch picked that up on one of his outings the other week and as time has moved on the mum has changed a bit.  It kind of went dormant or something when Damon & Peggy were here.  After they left it perked right up again and now the colors are intensifying somewhat.  I love it!  Fletch picked up two others as well - a brilliant purple and a burnt orange, but the deer have munched on both of those...

Here we are at the first Wednesday in October and it is time to link up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.  Two subjects dear to my heart.  Once again my making has been more on the stitching side of things (see yesterday's post) and less on the knitting.  My poor Semplice Shawl has seen no love in almost 2 weeks.  I'm enjoying it...but I'm just not knitting on it right now.  The first Tapped Maple sock is almost finished.  About 15 more rows on the BIG foot and then I will start the toe decreases.


As for reading, I finished North Woods by Daniel Mason and absolutely loved it!  What a unique and interesting and fun book.  It certainly will not be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was great.  I picked up Leonard and Hungry Paul from the library and have started that.  As everyone who has read it says, it is just a nice book!

An interloper just arrived at the office front window feeder.  I heard a terrible racket - much louder than the normal birds flying in and this is what I saw:


Yes, Mr. Squirrel has come calling.  Mabel will not like this!  Nor will Fletch (as said squirrel was hanging on to the siding at one point).


He did not even move when I knocked on the window!!

Time for me to pour another cup of coffee.  Hope your Wednesday is a delightful one!


8 comments:

  1. I am so glad you loved North Woods! As you said, it's a bit unusual and not a book for everyone, but I thought it was brilliant. After I finished it, I ended up buying all of Daniel Mason's previous books because I was so impressed by his writing.

    That's one bold squirrel you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those squirrels! One was crawling up my screen the other day to get a peanut I left on the window frame for a blue jay. I won't do that again!

    Why can't they just eat all the acorns that are everywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mum is lovely and so is the sock (but not the squirrel taking over the birdfeeder)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have these little squirrels who scream at me when I sit on the deck. They climb high up into a tree and just keep making noise. Squirrels are such odd little creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we bought a special mum in honor of frodo and I cannot wait for it to bloom!! Yours is gorgeous. So far the squirrels have stayed away from the bird feeder but they do love to check out if they can get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks are just so lovely! I love that yarn so much... the colors are perfection! I am on the wait list for Leonard and Hungry Paul... come on readers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mums are so lovely in the fall! Glad you're enjoying Leonard and Hungry Paul, Vera. I have been planning to read North Woods for months now -- and other books keep grabbing my attention! I really need to move it up on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that squirrel is so cute! I don't get to spend as much time with the squirrels as I used to! But they are definitely out there teasing the cats.

    ReplyDelete