Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 10/22/24

 Good Morning One and All,

Another mild morning here.  The temps are steadily rising.  Crazy weather.  The tomatoes keep producing and ripening, but they are not really very good.  As far as I'm concerned, Fletch can pull the plants any time.  He has been working on improving the cold frame, so hopefully we will be having fresh greens into the winter.  And garlic will be planted this week.

Since it's Tuesday, it is time to check in on my stitching.  Not much was done in the past week.  I did NO stitching while I was away and only minimal knitting.  Oh well, as I always say, it's not a race.  Here is a picture of where The Blessing stands right now.


The roof is finished!  Time to start construction on the house.  Another sunflower was added and the fence is almost complete.  Still miles to go on this one, but I'm enjoying it (except for the silk thread catching on my very rough skin!).  I'm hoping to finish the fence today and maybe another flower...time will tell.

I have not knit a stitch in days!  Part of the issue is that Fletch and I have been reading "Clear" after dinner...which means I've been reading.  I cannot read and knit - especially read out loud and knit.  LOL. I think we will be finished Clear tonight, so I want to look for an audio book for us and that will allow me 15-20 minutes after dinner for knitting.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

11 comments:

  1. I love the variation in the hand-dyed threads. So pretty! I hope you're able to finish the book and start something you don't have to read so that you're freed up to knit again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silk threads might catch on your hands but they sure are pretty! You deserve some time to knit and relax after dinner so I hope your search for a good audiobook is successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is really so lovely, Vera and I chuckled at "roof finish, construction on house next"

    I hope you both enjoy Clear as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the design, Vera. Your stitching - as always - is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was the same for our tomatoes here. I pulled them, the beans and the cucamelons on the weekend. The raspberries are still going though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very pretty piece of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking that I would love some fresh kale. I bet I get enough sun for it now in the winter. I wish I had the time and energy to build a cold frame for it. I might have to go look at some of the ones you can buy. My son has had some luck with his.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I need to plant garlic too. I'm going to get Tim to do a cold frame for me--hopefully lettuce year round then!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitching project is looking great. Isn't it funny? When you retire you think there will be time for everything but the days fill up so quickly!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this project! I did not knit while visiting the grands BUT I knit a lot in the car!! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little stitching project. Betsy is correct, the retirement days fill up quickly.

    ReplyDelete