Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Unraveled Wednesday 4/10/24

 Good Morning All,

Yesterday was an absolutely stellar day weather-wise.  It was in the low 70's with plenty of sunshine until late afternoon when the clouds rolled in.  I think we are due for a couple of days of rain now.  But, it sure was nice while it lasted!

It's Wednesday which means time to link up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers to talk about making and reading.  Not much on either of those fronts was accomplished while we were away.  In the great words of Zhongren, there were to many other "funs."

I did manage to start a sock before we left and that was the only project I took with me.  I managed to knit little bit in the early morning hours.


The 2x2 ribbed cuff is in Wildfoote by Brown Sheep Company.  It is very rustic feeling.  The color way is Goldenrod.  The body is in Backyard Fiberwords which is lovely to knit with and the color is Peat.  I've incorporated a herringbone pattern between some rows of purls.  I made Fletch some socks like this years ago and they have held up well.  The combination of the two yarns is appealing to me.  My guess is that this is the same project I will be taking next week when I fly down to NC to visit my friend Leslie.  That will be another trip with little making accomplished!  LOL

Before we left, I did finish "How to Say Babylon."  A pretty compelling read...not very happy.  It has been likened to "Educated" which I did not like at all.  Babylon is better and much more believable (personal opinion).  The book I took with me last weekend is The Fox Wife but I only managed to read 20 or so pages (too many funs).  I've read a little more, but not much.  It is kind of a strange tale, but so far I am liking it.

Today is a busy day.  I've some medical stuff this a.m. including my annual mammogram and then another appointment this afternoon.  I need to remember to book my rides to and from the airport for next week.  The laundry is all caught up for the moment which is a good thing.

Have a great Wednesday and be sure to check out Kat's blog to see what everyone is making and reading.

15 comments:

  1. It think a get-away with "too many funs" is the BEST kind of get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am echoing Kym's thoughts on your get-away! It is raining here as well this morning, but it is a light, gentle rain... and it smells so good outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Too many funs" is a good thing to have! Your sock is beautiful and the perfect thing to work on while traveling and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up on your getaway, and it sounds like a wonderful (and delicious) one! I'm so glad AirB'nB took good care of you--a fine resolution to what could have been quite frustrating. Sounds like a restorative weekend, for sure. (And in such a great spot!)
    We're on the same schedule today :) Heading for my mammo follow-up... Here's to smooth and 'normal' appointments all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last couple days have been absolutely gorgeous here. They are predicting some rain over the next couple of days, but they've been saying that all week and keep pushing it back, lol. I just hope it's not raining on the weekend - I've got lots of outdoor stuff to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those colors together!! So glad you are back home to regular life now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any trip where little knitting or reading gets done has to be a fun one! I really like the textured pattern you've added to your new socks. It's subtle but works really well with that yarn. We also had a beautiful day here yesterday (the house got rather warm!) but have rain today. At least the only "snow" is petals from the flowering trees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, that's a fabulous start to your sock! I am (finally) going to start How to Say Babylon this afternoon. I'll be listening while I get a lash fill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big fan of that sock--colours, pattern, everything. It's just lovely.

    And I'm not saying we've Turned The Corner as far as our weather here in NEO (I know better than that!), but we've had some nice temps and my walks have been pleasant, what with blooming trees and daffodils, hyacinth, and the hints of green in trees.

    I'm now in the middle of Tom Lake by Ann Patchett. It's not compelling, but it's a nice read. I wish I could do audiobooks, but I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many funs is a great way to pass the time. I had many funs over the past few days and have nothing to show for it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure like the color combination in the sock. I knit a pair of socks from the Brown Sheep Yarn years ago. It is rustic but the socks were comfortable and wore like iron.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just finished a day of major rainfall but the sun is trying to poke out of the clouds now! The new socks are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sock - will you be making the heel and toe in that goldenrod?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great sock. It will be a warm one for someone. We've had bright sunshine and lots of wind over the past few days. I'm getting very tired of the wind. Living in Spokane, I forgot how the wind whips over the plains here in the midwest. At the end of the day you're exhausted, just from listening to the wind. :-) Hope your appointments all went well for. you today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your sock Vera, and great color combo too.

    ReplyDelete