Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 4/2/24

 Good Morning Everyone!

We have a very gentle rain falling outside and it sounds lovely.  I was woken at 4 a.m. by Mabel who wanted the window raised at the back of the bedroom so that she could lay in the windowsill, listening to the rain and listening to the world waking up.  I burrowed back under the covers and was able to stay in bed till 6 a.m. - thank goodness!  By 6 a.m. Mabel was a little insistent on having breakfast or doing something.  It's funny, she will not go outside until it's light out.  And, with the rain today, that will be a later time this morning.

This past week saw a bit more progress on my little Sew Red sampler.  I'm enjoying all aspects of it - the alphabet, the various motifs and the border (which thankfully met up yesterday afternoon).


There is still a bunny, a butterfly, another flower, the date (year) and some other things to be filled in.  That's a lot to pack into a roughly 4" square space!

I will get a little bit more done on it this week, but I've also got some busy days.  We are getting ready to go away for a long weekend with Colin & Mailing and Bonnie & Zhongren.  C&M booked a gorgeous looking AirBnB for the six of us as a Christmas gift.  I've got some baking to do as well as packing and...of course...figuring out what knitting project(s) to take.  And books...and it's a good thing I have not packed away winter clothes, because it will be a little chilly where we are going - 40's during the day, 30's at night.  We are looking forward to some hiking trails and outdoor fires.

Time to pour a second cup of coffee and try to wake up.  I hope your week is going well.

13 comments:

  1. We're wet and chilly here, too. I'm tired of being housebound.

    Your long weekend sounds nice, although the weather isn't very springlike. Still, you'll be warmed by the company and your activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely sampler and I'll be looking forward to seeing all the things you have stitched in the four-inch square space! Your long weekend sounds wonderful also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching, Vera! But your long weekend sounds so fun! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....you've already got so much done!!
    We have one kitty that is driving us crazy. Every morning at 6 am she's howling for food and to get outside. The Mister is VERY annoyed. It's the main topic of conversation every morning now and it's getting very old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of stitching in a small place! Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead, even if the weather isn't great. You will have great company and I'm sure you'll all have a lovely time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It cold here today. Although it's in the 40's, the north wind is howling at 30-40 mph. That makes it feel really cold. We had a little rain during the night too.
    Your sampler is so pretty in red. I've never done a project all one color like that and I really like yours.
    Have a wonderful weekend away. It sounds like lots of fun and it's good that you all get along so well. It makes it so much easier for the kids. We're blessed that way with "our in-laws" too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit behind but I hope you had a great getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your long weekend! I'm sure you'll get all the right things prepped and packed. and maybe you'll come home with a finished sock or two?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your stitching, Vera! And your weekend getaway sounds just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great gift!! I hope you have a good time and enjoy being with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty sampler. It reminds me of the redwork embroidery I've seen in magazines. Your weekend sounds terrific. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun weekend ahead! Rusty & I are heading to Sault Ste. Marie, ONT, next weekend... who goes to Canada in April?? We do!! haha.

    ReplyDelete