Monday, April 22, 2024

Back Home Again 4/22/24

 Hello, Hello!

I'm back home.  My time away in NC was wonderful, but I came home feeling like crap.  The pollen levels in NC were out of control and I kept getting more and more congested as the days wore on.  Stale airplane air did nothing to help on my way home.  I sounded (and still sound) like I have bronchitis.  Yesterday I did take a Covid test, just to be sure, but that was negative.  It may have migrated into a very bad cold.  I dunno, but I'm kind of miserable.

So, this will be a short post.  My friend Leslie is doing great and looks wonderful.  We had such a good time catching up and cooking good food!  Then Nina, my college roommate, came up from SC on Friday and it was as if we had just been together the day before.  How wonderful it is to be able to pick up after so much time without skipping a beat.

In texting and emailing back and forth yesterday, we realized we never took a single picture!  All three of us thought of it AFTER we were together...and that does not work.  I did take one picture - it is a picture of a picture that hangs in Leslie's upstairs hallway.  It is a shot of Leslie and me 50 years ago on the day of her wedding (August 1974)!!


We look a little bit different today - LOL.

Today is for laundry and stopping at the library to pick up a book that came in for me last week.  Other than that, no plans.  Just rest and take it easy.  I'll be catching up with blogs slowly...I do hope that everyone is doing well.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear it was a such a great visit that you forgot to take any pictures but sorry to hear you're not feeling well. FWIW, what you're experiencing sounds like what happened to me the first time I went to Maryland Sheep and Wool. I was just so unused to the allergens there that I got completely stuffed up and miserable. It's not fun, but I hope that's all it is for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good photo.

    If you didn't remember to take any photos, that means you were having too good of a time to grab an ol' phone.

    Get well soon. We've got some gabbing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had such a great time!! (but I am so, so sorry you are not feeling well today!) Rest, recover... seems like a good plan for a Monday! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. The friends that you can just pick up with despite being apart for long periods of time are good friends! I'm glad you had a good time and sorry you feel so bad now. I do hope you feel better soon. That is a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that you came home sick but it sounds like you had a fantastic time. My sister was married in 1974. Sure doesn't seem like 50 years ago.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is how you know you are having a fantastic time - no photos!! I do that all the time. Welcome home and I hope the allergies easy up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home! I am sorry to hear you are feeling bad. The pollen is out of control here too. It is caked on everything and making me feel awful too.
    I love that photo. Those were the good old days. We were so young and beautiful and had no idea those days were so fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Other than that terrible 'souvenir' you brought back, it sounds like the trip could not have been better. Picking up like no time has passed--that's the best. And your picture of a picture! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a great time visiting with Leslie and that picture of the two of you is fabulous! I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well now and I hope you are feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Vera, I'm so sorry you came home feeling bad ... the pollen has been crazy here this spring - even those of us who live in it/through it every year are suffering more than usual. I love that last photo you shared, and hope y'all can get together again soon to update it - meanwhile, feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Other than the pollen, your trip sounds like fun. It's so nice to catch up with good friends. What a fun photo. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back, Vera. I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling poorly now -- but it sounds like you had a wonderful time with very good friends! (And that photo is just great. So young and happy and carefree . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are home and had a lovely time but sorry about the cold! The pic is still how you guys got along and that is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, that sounds like the perfect visit with old friends! It would have been fun to have a new photo... but that old one is AWESOME!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like an enjoyable time. Hope you feel better soon ☺️

    ReplyDelete