Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 Good Morning My Friends,

This first day of November finds me having overslept again!  In my defense, I was up until around midnight (usually I'm in bed by 10 p.m.) - we had a nice long chat with Colin last night and I also talked with my friend Leslie.  The hours slipped by, and then I needed to unwind a bit after all that chatter.  Anyway, it was a lovely evening.

We had no trick or treaters last night.  It started raining right around 6 p.m. and continued all evening - at times quite heavy.  But the morning was fairly nice and I (FINALLY!!!) got out for a walk.  I chose to walk the trail alongside the canal - one of my favorites.  I saw no turtles or herons, but there was still plenty of beauty around me.


Many of the trees alongside the path had lost their leaves, but there was still some brilliant color to be seen.  Also interesting fungi - almost like polka dots!!


And here's a picture of a house on the other side of the canal.  Just one of the many homes that I like so much.  I wouldn't necessarily like to live there (hello fear of flooding and hello fear of bugs in the dead of summer), I just think it's such a pretty home.


I may try to get out and walk again this afternoon - either the River Walk in Valley Forge Park or the path in Oaks that goes along the Perkiomen Creek.

But, here we are on a Tuesday morning and it's time to check in on TNT progress.  Nothing was done on the "Praise Loudly Blame Softly" sampler.  I never ever took it out all week!  But, that funny bird with the long legs now has the vine around it completed.  Next will be the basket (title of the piece is "Gathering Basket."


A fun piece!  And, Ellen Harrison now has the border under her name completed across the width of the piece and I stitched the word "aged" next to her name.  


You may need to click to enlarge to you can actually see the letters.  Stay tuned for next week when it will be revealed how old Ellen Harrison was when she stitched this sampler.  Quite a bit younger than me!

Well, I'd best be off to do a few things.  We will be going grocery shopping in a bit and I'd like to have some sense of what I'll be cooking this week before we go.  First up will be looking at recipes!

Have a great Tuesday and I plan to be back here tomorrow for Unraveled Wednesday!


10 comments:

  1. I LOVE That bird!
    I hear you about the houses on the canal. I love the houses right on the water down at the boardwalk but I've seen what the bay can do to them when it's angry. It would be nice to have a water view-but from a few blocks back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that in Nov we turn the clocks back which means it will be even darker when I awaken and now I am in a funk! lol The stitching looks great. The walk was full of good sights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered what it would be like to live on a canal. I'd love to be able to just step outside to go kayaking, but you're right, flooding and bugs are a big concern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful walk!!!
    We got about 50 kids last night - half of what we got the year before. It was raining, but mostly just drizzle. It was mostly older kids and we didn't really start getting them until after 6 pm (age 8 and up) so I suspect parents of the smaller ones did fewer houses or decided against it all together - they are usually the ones that come early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was wet and pretty miserable here last night, too, so we only had a handful of trick-or-treaters (we don't usually get many even when the weather is nice because we live almost at the end of a small dead-end street). We had some candy but not a very large amount, and we'll happily eat the leftovers.

    I have a feeling Ellen Harrison was very young when she stitched her sampler, but I'll wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't get anyone for Halloween either. We never have. I guess that long, dark driveway isn't very inviting.

    Bird and Ellen Harrison are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the long-legged bird with his vine and I'm anxious to see how old Ellen was. We didn't have any trick-or-treaters but I'm not surprised with no electricity and rain. My neighbor sat out on his front steps with an umbrella and lanterns so he could give out candy. I'm glad he did because I sure wasn't going to. Glad you got to chat with Colin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Trick or Treaters last night, but I bought a bit of candy just in case. The weather was beautiful, so I know the kiddos had fun somewhere. Love the long legged bird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You live in a pretty part of the country. We had just a handful of trick or treaters and plenty of candy leftover. The evening was mild so I expected more. I love the whimsy of the long legged bird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those "kid" conversations that time just melts away and you can talk and talk. What a gorgeous walk, Vera! And go you on the stitching!

    ReplyDelete