Monday, November 28, 2022

Weekending

 Hello and Good Morning!

It is cloudy and a bit damp on this Monday morning, but mild.  53 degrees currently (7:45 a.m.).  We had a ton of rain yesterday and it looks like some of it may have lingered around.

Well, how was your Thanksgiving and how was your weekend?  Both of mine were so nice.  Thanksgiving Day, Fletch and I walked with Colin a little bit in the afternoon.  A trail from the John James Audubon Center goes right behind Bonnie & Zhongren's house.  We drove over, dropped off wine and pies and some other stuff and then walked a bit.  It was a lovely day.  We saw plenty of deer and geese and a hawk flew right by us.

Zhongren had picked up Nai Nai (Mailing's grandmother) so she joined us for dinner.  We missed Bonnie though who is still in China until December 6th.  Anna was there and also Otto (her dog).


Mailing and Colin are too funny in this picture.  And I ended up trying all 3 pies!!


I will say that I did not feel well that night!  LOL  Major indigestion.

Zhongren gave us a bag with Persimmons from his friend's tree.  I had never had one before, but they are good!


I took another walk on Saturday along the Perkiomen Creek.  It was a bit breezy but again a gorgeous day to be out and about.  There were lots of geese along the dam!


I always wonder how they can just stand there without getting swept away!

As I mentioned, yesterday it rained and rained, starting late morning.  We went over to Colin & Mailing's in the afternoon.  What fun to see Talbot and Marcel again!  I completely forgot to take any pictures of them.  We watched the first episode of Get Back which we all really liked.  Fletch and I don't have Disney+, so not sure when we will watch the balance - maybe when we are in TX over the Christmas holidays.

The rain kind of stopped a bit, so after dinner we headed outside for a fire.


But by the time we left, I was damp and chilly.  What a nice time though and just a gift to have time with C&M.  We'll be getting together some more and they will be over for dinner at our house next Sunday.

Meanwhile, back to work today.  I may head to the office as I've stuff to print and overnight to Kevin.  Here's hoping that your Monday is off to a good start!

16 comments:

  1. What a great weekend, Vera! (and on Thanksgiving you should always sample all the pies! Well done you! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so much enjoyed reading about your weekend with family. There's nothing better is there? We've had a similar time. Only two full days left with Alex and his family so we're enjoying each moment we have. We go to Mandy's early in the morning and stay until around 9:00 or so. It's exhausting but we love it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great weekend, Vera! I'm not sure either of my sons will ever get married, but if they do, I hope I get in-laws as wonderful as Bonnie and Zhongren. Those persimmons are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Thanksgiving and weekend sounds just lovely. I've never had a persimmon either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we eat so healthy that our Thanksgiving meal was a bit 'much' to digest but don't worry I did it with bravery :) You look happy and I'm so glad you were with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a warm and wonderful Tgiving for you, complete with persimmons (which I've never had either). Your weekend was just about perfect, except for some Pie Complications. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! My DIL asked me what Daughter's new baby is going to call me when he can talk and when I told her Nai Nai she was so tickled. I told her the oldest grandchild gets to pick and since her sons have always called me Nai Nai that's what I'll be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo of you and your pie samples! (What were the two kinds other than pumpkin?) I'm so glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving and visit with the kids. We had lots of rain here yesterday as well and it's still drizzling on and off today, though at least it's not too cold. It feels appropriate for a day when we have to go back to work after a long weekend, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like good family time! Sometimes Disney plus has 'get your first month free' deals where you can cancel as soon as the first month is up. We did that to watch Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the photos! I went to Colorado on Wednesday and came home yesterday. It was a nice break and great fun to spend time with family. Snow on the ground this morning and more predicted for tonight and tomorrow. It’s time to find the Christmas decorations in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How delightful to have C&M back for THREE weeks! Your Thanksgiving with all the family looks delightful and delicious. We had rain yesterday, then wind, and today was bright and sunny. Hope that makes its way to y'all by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful weekend for you and yours. The pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great day/weekend; I 'm so glad for you! So how do the geese stay balanced like that?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Thanksgiving looks so lovely. I'm glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like such a delightful celebration, Vera. And I'm so happy you were able to spend it with Colin and Mailing. XO I LOVE the photo of you with the pie. (And of course you needed to try all three! Who wouldn't????)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes, three delicious pies are worth a stomach ache!!

    ReplyDelete