Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Tiny Needle Tuesday 11/29/22

 Good Morning One and All,

It is a tad bit chillier this a.m.  32 decrees right now instead of the lower 50's.  But the sun is out and it looks really pretty outside.  Yesterday just looked so bleak...all day long.

I did venture to the office late morning and I had forgotten that the property management company always decorates the office for the holidays the Friday after Thanksgiving.  So, when I entered the building, this is what I saw in the lobby of the building:


And then, when I walked into our office on the 2nd floor, this was what greeted me:


So pretty.  In a way it seems a waste with most everyone working from home, but still it was nice to see.  The parking lot was pretty full yesterday and I could hear a group of folks talking in one of the conference rooms, but I just did my thing and got out of there in half an hour!  I know there are meetings scheduled for next week, so it will be nice for people coming in to see the trees.

Well, here we are at TNT and I'm happy to report that there has been progress on each of the three pieces I am currently stitching.  First up, that crazy, long-legged bird.  Nearing completion, but not quite there yet.


Ellen Harrison saw a few letters added.  The bottom line (the one I'm working on) reads so far "Remember now thy Creator i" - again, Ellen's placement of letters means that words tend to run together.


Last up we have the "Praise Loudly Blame Softly" sampler.  The second row of birds has been completed and now a row of Double Leviathan Stitches has appeared under that.  


I really enjoy stitching designs by Eileen Bennett as she always incorporates different stitches into her pieces - they are never just cross stitch.  It helps to keep my interest high!!

Today will be filled with bill paying and a light grocery shopping.  We had no mail delivery last Friday and Saturday!  Yesterday the mailman left a pile (rather large) in our box - holiday catalogues (of course), but also half a dozen bills.  Yuck!  And, since the sun is shining strongly, I'm hoping to bundle up for a walk after lunch.  Enjoy your Tuesday!

14 comments:

  1. The days have been grey and chilly here, and it's hard to get going!
    The upside down birds in the sampler make me smile. I get the motif, but they look silly to me. I'd probably chuckle while stitching those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your samplers are all looking great! I'll be a little bit sad when you finish the long-legged bird and I don't get to see him anymore. We've had a substitute mailman and he has been leaving our mail in alternative places - tucked under the door knocker, on the porch swing - anywhere except the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice progress report on your stitching--the tall bird one is looking great! have a good walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pink letters around the bird. You made a LOT of progress on your stitching. Meanwhile, mine is still waiting for me to get a move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got lots of stitching done! Great job! They are all looking wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those trees... wow! But those pointsettias are incredible!!

    However, your stitching... divine! I am loving the "imperfections" in Ellen Harrison's piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful trees and poinsettias! It snowed again last night, and it’s cold, but the sun is trying to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to investigate that designer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful trees and the poinsettias areound them are a great way to finish them off. I'm glad there will be people in to see them next week. I'm hoping to put some decorations up by the weekend.
    The stitchery's are very beautiful and like lots of others, think that sweet long-legged bird is really the cats meow.
    We have freezing rain and snow today. Only supposed to have an inch or less of snow, but the freezing rain is what is making the roads treacherous. The kids fly home tomorrow and it's supposed to be much nicer. Sure glad it's not today. Baby J has just really warmed up to all of us the past few days and now they're leaving. Just doesn't seem quite fair that she's so far away.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've made a lot of progress on your samplers in spite of all the holiday hoopla. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's nice they are decorating, you saw them!! I just finished paying some bills this morning, ugh. I love your cross stitch! I have yet to pull mine out - I am trying to whip up two pairs of fingerless mitts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitching projects are really coming along nicely! I am now thinking about stopping by my office just to see if it's decorated. There is a core group of people who do work there regularly, even if it's only one or two days a week, and I'm guessing they don't mind a little holiday cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are just a master at juggling a number of projects, Vera! Socks and samplers . . . and they all get attention each week. Truly . . . you're a master! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy watching your progress on the samplers. I do admire your ability to stitch on linen. The trees in the office are a nice holiday touch.

    ReplyDelete