Monday, November 7, 2022

Sometimes Mondays....

 ... are just a bit off kilter.  Yesterday I woke up with vertigo.  Ugh!  We did manage to go out and drop off our ballots (Fletch drove), but that was it.  I spent all day in bed and then slept 8+ hours last night.  This morning I'm still a bit dizzy (not enough to merit taking a pill which would put me right back in bed).

Until a year ago I had never experienced vertigo (thankfully).  And, in the past year I've had 3 episodes.  

We are scheduled for our second shingles vaccines this morning and I'm hoping I can do a little stitching or knitting at some point today.  Right now though?  I think I'm going to go back to sleep for a little bit (even though I did not take a pill, I'm very, very sleepy).

15 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you feel much better and don't suffer side effects from the shingles vaccine. Vertigo really can make Monday off-kilter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a good way to start off the week! I hope the extra rest helps. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the vertigo, Vera. Have you tried PT for it yet? I've known many people to have really good luck with that route. . . Sending the healing juju your way. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, vertigo stinks! I hope it improves really quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Vera, I'm sorry to hear this. It's scary. Keep us posted, especially if you decide to get your shingles vaxx.
    I've been having spells of feeling dizzy and almost fainting lately. My neuro says it isn't true vertigo. He thinks it's migraine process and due to barometric pressure. So odd. I did NOT sign up for this, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that. The MIster had an episode like that this weekend that scared me to death. He got dizzy and actually threw up. He had vertigo for a few hours afterwards then felt fine. I was ready to call 911.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fell better soon! That has to be a bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope some additional rest does the trick. Occasionally I have a little vertigo and its no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you got your ballots in! I hope the rest does you some good and you start feeling like yourself again. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your vertigo disappears as quickly as it arrives... it just sucks! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would rather have pain than vertigo. I hope the sleep helps and you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon, vertigo is no fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry you are experiencing vertigo AGAIN. That must be frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some how I missed this post! I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete