Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Unraveled Wednesday 11/2/22

 Hello and Good Morning!

It's back to the early times for me.  I'm up and have sipped coffee and it is not yet 6:30.  It would have been so easy to roll over and go back to sleep, but for a change I did not.  I've got a bunch of things I should work on today, so I thought I'd best get up and at 'em!

I did manage to get out for a brief walk yesterday along the River Trail in Valley Forge.  I should have picked a different trail, as this one was very wet and muddy in places and covered with leaves.  Thus I was walking more carefully and rather gingerly at times and that ended up hurting my back.  But, because I was paying attention to where I was stepping and looking down ALL THE TIME, I spotted some tiny flowers blooming that I might have otherwise missed.


The river was moving along nicely and leaves were constantly falling!


Getting to the River Walk means driving past the chiropractor's office with the huge skeleton in the yard.  I laughed when I passed it:


He/She had been dressed for Halloween in a purple cloak long grey hair and a witches hat.  However, the recent wind and rain made her hat tumble off her head and fall on her chest.  A little disheveled looking!  And what knobby knees!!  LOL

Now it is Wednesday and time for some Unraveled news.  Linking up, as always, with Kat and others in the Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.  Two of my favorite things.  Both of which have been in limited quantities recently, unfortunately.  But, some progress was made on Fletch's 2nd sock.


I'm on the foot and about a third of the way through it.  I was working on this Saturday when I met up with Dee...finishing the heel flap, turning the heel and picking up the gussett stitches.  Then I promptly forgot all about the decrease rows.  Ha!  A little tinking occurred (just one row, fortunately) and I got back on track.  I really hope I finish this sock this week.  I'm itching to start something new and I won't allow myself to until this is finished.

Reading has slowed also.  I'm no longer reading "Graceland, At Last" by Margaret Rinkl.  Instead I downloaded it from Audible and Fletch and I are enjoying it after dinner.  (We got a little tired of the LeVar Burton podcast.)

"Bluebird, Bluebird" by Attica Locke has become a bit tiresome for me.  I'm maybe a third of the way through, but I doubt I will finish it.  While at the library I had picked up "Frog Music" by Emma Donoghue, but I can't seem to get into that.  I also picked up "The Merchant's House" by Kate Ellis, so I may give that a try.

Yesterday afternoon we booked our AirBnB in Austin for the Christmas holiday!  Excited!!!  And, the one we booked is only a 7 minute walk or so to Colin & Mailing's apartment.  Now we need to book flights.  And, our Thanksgiving plans are changing and evolving.  We may be having Thanksgiving here at our house for the first time in years!  Originally we were all going to meet up at Bonny & Zhongren's, but now Bonny is in (or going to be in) China for a month and will not be home for Thanksgiving.  I'm sure everything will work out eventually!

Meanwhile, time to pour another cup of coffee and wake Fletch.  Happy Hump Day!

15 comments:

  1. I just love being out on a walk and having the leaves rain down! It's one of my favorite things of fall. :-) It sounds like you have some fun holiday plans in store, Vera. And you are so wise to put books aside that you're not enjoying! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little flowers were all over on Presque Isle last week... they seem to be sturdy little things but they look so delicate!

    The leaf rain is the best part of a sunny autumn afternoon. :)

    I am even more excited for you to go to Austin for Christmas! I wish we could take Mabel for you while you are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for your Christmas trip! yay! lovely sock knitting and I love when you share your nature outings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying the "showers" of leaves falling, but occasionally one hits me right in the face and it's a bit disconcerting! I'm glad that you'll be able to be with the kids for Christmas and I hope you can find some convenient and affordable flights. Hope the rest of that sock foot flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week is a good one for walking (and maybe even flowers blooming) since it's unseasonably warm! It's so exciting that you'll be in Austin for Christmas! I'm sure Thanksgiving will work out just fine but it's wonderful that you have Christmas to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops . . . guess we talk to much to do the fiddly parts on a sock. Glad it was only one row.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking on fallen leaves while other leaves are fluttering to the ground is one of my favorite Fall scenes and activities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skeleton is hilarious! Such knobbly knees LOL
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the sound of the water and seeing the leaves falling--the essence of Fall! The trip to Austin will be very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your walk sounds like a perfect fall excursion but I'm sorry it aggravated your back. Time to make those holiday plans for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those giant skeletons give me the heebie jeebies. Daughter's neighborhood was crawling with them and I didn't like them at all. I find the regular sized skeletons funny but those big ones....no way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The video of the river is so lovely and peaceful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray for having that AirB and B booked for the holidays. I saw a few giant skeletons in our neighborhood this year. They are a little haunting. The video of the river is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for taking me along on such a lovely riverwalk. Perfectly autumn.

    I know you're looking forward to Christmas with Colin and Mailing. It must seem nearer now that you've booked your lodgings. Next thing you know, you'll be packing your suitcases!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're brave to attempt turning heels while chatting with friends. I like to be all alone when I reach this crucial step!! And I'm glad you're abandoning books you're not enjoying - I hope you find something that hits the spot soon!

    Such exciting Christmas plans. Sometimes I miss living in Austin, but I think it's gotten so big in the last 15 years... it would be overwhelming. I hope you eat lots of good food when you're there!

    ReplyDelete