Monday, November 14, 2022

Sometimes Mondays...

 ...find you feeling much better!  Whew!  That Vertigo will throw you for a loop.  Not fun, Not pleasant.  I'm glad this latest episode is over and I'm glad to have my annual physical scheduled at the end of the month.  I know what vertigo is...I'd like to find out why I have started getting it (3 times in the past year) and what I can do to avoid it in the future.

We did manage to get our Shingles shot last Monday (the 2nd one) and neither of us had any reaction to it other than a sensitive arm.  The nurse at CVS did ask me if I was ok as I stumbled into the little room for shots.  I mentioned vertigo and her response was "Well, that sucks!"

OK, enough of the medical stuff.  How are you all?  I tried to read some blogs last week (mostly I just slept though), and will try to catch up today.  Fletcher's socks were finished last Saturday:


I do love the way they turned out, and Fletch likes them too.  He did mention that the cuffs were tighter than normal (I used 1.5 needles rather than 2).  That sent me on a hunt for sock blockers so I could soak (in Soak!) the socks and then block them out.  Of course I could not find my blockers...I was pretty sure they were in one of the chests where I keep yarn and I moved a lot of stuff looking for them, but no luck.  I soaked and stretched the socks and they dried better.  This past weekend I did a more thorough search and the sock blockers appeared!  Right where I thought they had been.

The last week did not see a whole lot of knitting or stitching accomplished, but I did cake up a bunch of yarn and thought about/dreamed of projects to be.  By the time Saturday rolled around and I was meeting up with Dee I had a multitude of projects swimming around in my head.  I'll show you Wednesday what I worked on that day.

In my dreaming and scheming I re-discovered a pile of yarn I had bought years (decades) ago - when I wasn't even knitting.  But the yarn was so pretty I had to buy it!  LOL  



Is this stuff even made these days?  It is very, very mohair-y.  I've been thinking of making Gossamer from the latest MDK Field Guide.  I started to swatch for that yesterday and then got distracted.  Ha!  In the course of finding that yarn I also discovered so much yarn I had forgotten that I had.  Yikes!!  Now I want to make ALL.THE.THINGS.  Anyway, that particular yarn (all 6 or 8 [I think] skeins) is now tucked back inside the chest with other yarns.

Saturday was warm enough that I didn't even wear a coat when I met up with Dee.  Sunday was another story - temps dropped a lot.  And this morning is quite chilly.  I'll be going out though as I managed to book a massage for 10 a.m. today!  WooHoo - it has been ages since I had a massage.

The weekend also saw me picking up 5 books from the library!  All the requests seem to come in at once, don't they?  And, if that is not enough, I received an email yesterday that "The Marriage Portrait" is waiting for me to pick it up.  That one really surprises me.  When I looked at my account on Thursday or Friday, I was still #85 in the queue for that book.  Two days later I receive word I can pick it up.  Go figure.  I'm not complaining as I was wondering if I would even get it in time to read for our discussion in early January.

How was your weekend?  Filled with good things, I hope.  I'll be back tomorrow with a tiny TNT update.

17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're finally feeling better and hope you can get some answers as to why you're experiencing vertigo so many more times. I asked my doctor a while ago and she just shrugged and said it was because I was getting older - not helpful! Fletch's socks look wonderful, I'm glad you found your sock blockers and that blue mohair is lovely. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eager to see how your gossamer goes... I have been looking at that with some interest! It seems like such a functional knit!

    But, I am so glad that you are over this bout of vertigo! I am nodding with Bonny on the aging thing... it seems to be just one more thing that getting older brings in more frequency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you back and to hear that the vertigo has moved on. I'm frankly not sure anyone knows what causes it, but I hope you've seen the last of it for a long, long time.

    I finished The Marriage Portrait last week and loved it. I hope you enjoy it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your bout of vertigo has cleared up, Vera. (I've been worried about you. . . I missed your voice in BlogWorld.) And, like others here, I'm going to put my bets on . . . aging . . . as the cause of your repeated bouts. (It seems to be the quick and easy answer to all our woes.) It's such a boon to find "forgotten" yarn. Now, if we could only knit faster! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get some answers to the vertigo issue. And sometimes, I think you get bumped up in line when people have requested a book and then return without reading because the just don’t have the time right now - not that I have ever done this but maybe 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy that massage. After all the weeks of working hard, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that Pingouin brought back memories. When I was a kid, Mom used to knit samples for a store. It was the late 80s. One of the samples she knit was a very 80s style - it was a triangle pattern and had a mix of different yarns - one a mohair-ish one like yours there, and then some other glittery, and silky ones. It was so popular, non-knitters would come in the store and ask to buy it, so they store owner ended up taking orders and had my mom knit them. She made them in every colour imaginable - I don't know how many she made, but I bet she still has that pattern memorized.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you found some hidden treasure in your search for the sock blockers. The blue yarn is pretty as are Fletch’s socks. Enjoy the massage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better! Vertigo is the pits! I lost the pom-poms last week and finally found them right in sight but not where I expected them! go figure. It is fun to dig deeper in our stashes to find things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some of that old time yarn from my mom's stash not that kind exactly. It's mostly acrylic blend with a mohair vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had some Pinguoin in my stash once upon a time. It was the same color. I think I made fuzzy tams out of mine years ago but they were itchy. Gossamer is a beautiful project. When I saw it I was tempted too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you get some answers on the vertigo! And I have fond memories of pinguon too. Is it a mohair yarn? Mohair takes up color so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS Gossamer looks pretty and would be nice with that yarn. I have to LOL at one of the photos which looks like the model is wearing the vest as a scarf/shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a copy of The Marriage Portrait resting in my Amazon cart. There are two books ahead of it on my table.

    That yarn is gorgeous.

    I'm glad you're feeling much better. Vertigo is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad your vertigo has cleared up! I do think it's related to aging and I'd love to hear what your doctor says if you choose to share that. Sounds like you've got an abundance of book blessings right now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That vertigo is the bunk. I've dealt with it now and then. Every now and then it's good to go through the yarn stash. It sounds as if your stash has inspired you to think about new projects. Happy Knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm SO glad that the vertigo has gone. It was almost like going yarn shopping when going through the stash wasn't it? I really like my open cubbies because I can see at a glance what I have. It has stopped me from buying yarn I really didn't need, that's for sure.
    Your socks look great. I'm almost done turning the heel on Mom's socks. It's the last pair that I needed to finish for Christmas gifts. I have about 3 inches of the hood left on Pipers Wonderful Wallaby sweater and then it's just the sewing in of ends on that. One sweater left...for Mandy for Christmas and I will have met all of my goals for the year. I did buy a skein of Christmas sock yarn thinking I would make myself a pair this year, but those plans didn't include selling two houses, two moves and dealing with Mom. I might get them done, but I doubt it.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete