Monday, October 31, 2022

Weekending

 Hello Friends!

How are you?  Once again I find myself in ithe land of grogginess.  Here is is 8:40 a.m. and I've only had a couple sips of coffee.  In fact, I have not even been up for an hour!  Who am I?  I've always gotten up by 6 a.m. if not earlier, but recently...not so much.  I woke up at 5:30 this morning, but rolled over to "just rest" for a few minutes.  Those few minutes turned into 2.5 hours!  Oh well, I guess I needed it.

My computer says it is 44 out, but it seems milder to me.  Other than heat in the bathroom for my shower, I have not turned on any heat.  Fletch is just getting out of the shower, so I'll have to notice if he puts on heat downstairs or not.  It's another sunny day, so I am hoping to get outside a bit at some point.

The weekend was lovely...only a few work emails - nothing like the prior week or two.  I met up with Dee for a few hours Saturday morning.  As always, we laughed and laughed and did a little knitting.  Saturday was a beautiful day, so Fletch and I had a fire that night.


It was a perfect night for a fire.  A little chilly on the back side - I told Fletch I needed to be put on a spit so that I could easily rotate - LOL.  There were more visible stars than usual and it was just lovely.

We were a little worried about Mabel.  She had gotten sick Friday night - piles of puke in two places.  Got that cleaned up and she spent most of Saturday curled up in a chair sleeping on Saturday.  Then we noticed she was limping a little bit and keeping one of her hind legs off the floor when standing.  Once I told her that we would need to take her to the vet she seemed to improve.  Now she is back to running around (no limping) and consuming her usual amount (rather large quantity) of food.

Sunday was a perfectly slow and easy day.  I cleaned the bathrooms (Karyn who comes to clean our house had taken a birthday break), washed the towels and bath rugs and also the shower curtain liner and rubber mat for the tub.  Fletch grilled wings for dinner and I made biscuits and coleslaw to go with those.  I also made a yummy apple/cranberry crisp.  A taste of heaven!

I had to run out in the afternoon to pick up a prescription and on my way to CVS is a house that has a Halloween scene outside:


Fishing skeletons with an Alien between them!  Hahahaha

Happy Halloween everyone!  I need to go pour another cup of coffee!

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad Mabel has mostly recovered, worrying about pets is stressful for me! I wish they could talk. Glad you got together with Dee for some laughter medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your weekend was much better than the previous one. Since it's been darker in the mornings, it seems I've been rolling over to "just rest" and getting up much later than usual. But John turned on the heat this morning so I did have to get out of bed and make sure he hadn't turned it up too high. With the cost of oil, we are definitely going to have to put on a sweater this winter. I'm glad Mabel is better and your threat of the vet worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pouring rain here and quite cool. But today is supposed to be the coldest day of the week - high sixties all week is predicted.

    Glad to hear Mabel perked back up. I've had that happen a few times. We always say "must have eaten a bad bug"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your morning goes well and Monday is over before you know it! We are overcast and rainy outside here today, but that is okay I have a mountain of laundry to do! HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fishing for BIRDS!!!! LOL Glad to read that Mabel is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dug out my fire pit but it's sitting here staring out me. I keep saying I'm going out there after dinner but I'm too worn out to care then. I've been sleeping late too and feeling tired all day. I think I am going into hibernation mode...lol. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very ready for the clock to get back to normal--it will be nice to have light earlier!!! Hope that will cure your morning sleep pattern, too! Glad Mabel is better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s so dark and chilly (29°) in the morning that I stay in bed - no quilt here. I’m glad to be getting my COVID booster tomorrow - finally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad Mabel improved without a visit to the vet! Cute Halloween photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would very much like to have rolled over and gone back to sleep this morning, but I had to get up for work, boo. It was dark and very rainy here, and I got good and soaked on my run (thank goodness for hot showers!). I'm glad to hear Miss Mabel is feeling better this morning! Here's hoping it's a good day for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad Mabel is better! Our dog Comet didn't eat this morning and didn't want to go for a walk, but now she is cuddled next to me and seems OK. It's so worrisome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Halloween. I'm glad you had a more restful weekend. I hope Mabel continues to be her playful frisky self.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rainy and foggy here . . . Perfect late fall weather! I hope you had a lovely day, Vera.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen so many enormously tall skeletons this year. Still trying to figure how the thief on the security video got a 12' one into his small car. In broad daylight yet!!!

    ReplyDelete