Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Tiny Needle Tuesday 10/11/22

 Good Morning!

How are you this fine Tuesday morning?  My sleep wasn't the best last night - I was terribly congested - there has to still be a ton of pollen out there.  But, soon the sun will be up and I believe it is supposed to be a pretty day.  I'm hoping to do laundry (again) and hang things out to dry.

Before I get into TNT and my stitching, here is our sweet girl this morning:


Mabel came upstairs while I was in the shower and patiently waited for me to get out.  Then she wanted to be fed.  After consuming food, she jumped up on the couch and curled up.  Very unusual for her.  But, yesterday was her annual check up at the Vet's and she was given 3 shots!  (rabies, distemper and feline leukemia - all necessary)  I think she is feeling a little put out and a little lazy after that.  She still weighs the same - 7 lbs, 11 oz and she was given a clean bill of health.  I'm sure she will be back to her normal self before long.

On to the stitching.  I did not take either of the samplers I had been working on with me when we went on vacation.  Instead, I found a small design in my stash from Blackbird Designs - "Gathering Basket"


I do love all of the Blackbird Designs - they are cute without being overly cutesy (in my opinion).  Anyway, I started it, but did not get very far.


The bird's legs crack me up.  I'm using DMC threads and stitching on 30 count fabric (using two threads over two linen threads...so 15 stitches to the inch).  I'll continue to stitch on this as I work on the two samplers.

Meanwhile, there was some stitching completed on the two samplers since the last time I posted about them.  First up, Ellen's colorful last name has now been stitched:


There are still a bunch of words to stitch before I get to the fun motifs in the bottom part of the sampler.  And there is still a whole lot to stitch on this one...luckily it continues to be an enjoyable piece to stitch.

The "Praise Loudly Blame Softly" sampler also had some more stitches put in it.  The green on the current band is complete and the acorns are being put in.


This, too, continues to be a fun design to stitch.

Of course, work is crazy/busy, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to work on this week.  Time will tell.

I hope everyone is having a good week.  Enjoy!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, yes . . . that is definitely cute without being overly cutesy! Charming. That's what it is. I always love your TNT updates. It's fun to watch your stitching projects come to life. (Hi, Mabel!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new bird project! Those legs are just so darned cute! LOL

    I hope Mabel is back to her old self soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird legs are hilarious -- but some birds do have legs like that (and I also find them funny)! Mabel looks as sweet as ever, and I dare say she's earned a lazy day if she wants one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new bird and I also think the old birds are kind of sweet. I got one shot yesterday (bivalent booster) and feel like crap, so I bet Mabel needs her rest. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty projects all. I love the red, white, and blue of Ellen Harrison's name. Hope Miss Mabel is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Poor Mabel. Relic had a bit of a cold last week but he seems to be over it. He was very needy when he wasn't feeling well though.

    Love that blackbird... he's very tall

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you accomplished A LOT for being on vacation. Mabel probably is being pooky since you left her. Our cats tended to act 'different' when we got home, and then forgave us after a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got the call from the vet that our kitty's test results came back normal. I didn't want all those tests just his flea meds but they insisted telling me his weight loss most likely means something dire. I hemmed and hawed but finally relented after being guilted into the $300 blood work and now they tell me he's fine, just old-just like I thought. What a racket. I'm still fuming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lena was always small, too, until she hit almost 4 yo and then she really filled out! Mabel is just perfect! Your stitching is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mabel is so sweet and probably just needed her rest after so many shots. Zoey goes for her one year check next week. It's hard to believe that we've had her for over a year now.
    Your stitching is so pretty and the birds legs make me laugh too. :-)
    Dennis and I wake up hacking and coughing every morning for hours too. It's a small price to pay for the windows wide open to sleep. It was 45F last night and we had lots of blankets on the bed. So cozy.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete