Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Unraveled Wednesday 10/19/22

 Good Chilly Morning!

34 degrees here this morning.  I stood up in the middle of the night to look out the back bedroom window and wow!  The moon and the stars were so bright.  It was blindingly clear and the sky was so pretty.  (Sleep was not so pretty, so there you are.)

Today is Wednesday and before I head to the office I want to link up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.  Between the craziness at work, all the emails and phone calls, I did manage to find time to knit a few rows.  And Voila!


Fletch's first blue sock has been finished and the second one started.  I think as of last night I had completed the cuff (15 rows of 2x2 ribbing) and 15 rows of the leg.  Not too shabby a start.  I have other skeins of yarn wound and I'm itching to start some other things, but I think I'd best wait and when a few moments open up, concentrate on the second sock.

Reading has been a little slow thanks to work.  I did finish Bel Canto by Ann Patchett and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Not really what I was expecting - not sure what that was and not sure why I did not devour this book when it was first published.  But glad I finally got to it.  I'm now about a third of the way through Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen.  This is turning out to be the perfect book for me right now.  I don't have the brain strength to really concentrate on something and this is an easy, enjoyable read.  Like the author's other books, this one is filled with magical realism.

Well, that's a wrap for today.  My head is cold, so I need to dry my hair.  Time also for a second cup of coffee.  An office visit is in the works for me today (hopefully a short one) and I've errands to run.

Wishing you all a lovely Wednesday!

15 comments:

  1. You finished that sock quickly despite being too busy with work! Here's hoping that those few moments open up to cast on the second sock and you have a lovely Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a very good-looking finished sock! So glad you enjoyed the book, too. I agree that's it's unusual but so well written. I hope your office visit is short and you can get back to that second sock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sock just flew off your needles! I hope the work visit is short and sweet! And I am hoping for better sleep for you tonight! (Although that bright moon woke me up too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I need to return to my socks for my husband. The gnome knitting is ending, thank goodness! I hope work eases up sooner than later. Love your sock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sock looks great. I still have another pair to make for a Christmas gift but the way life is going, it may not get started for awhile.
    Have a great day Vera, and don't work too hard.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those socks are the perfect Man Socks. Very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yarn made a very handsome sock. I hope the office visit is successful and out of the way quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brrrr.....it was cold this morning and I loved it. Low temps and low humdity are always welcome here. It's that nasty cold and damp thing that gives me a headache that I hate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the focus to finish the sock. And I love your yarn bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making great sock progress! I loved Bel Canto.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your reply! Would be great to see you over at mine emeraldcottage.blogspot.com xxx
    Ps this is Jill again, this time posting on my phone (which won’t let me log in hence I look anonymous!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you enjoyed Bel Canto, Vera. I read it when it first came out - and loved it then. I re-read it last summer, and still liked it -- although I think knowing the ending took something away from my re-read. I love Ann Patchett, generally. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't recall too much except the general story-line of Bel Canto and that I enjoyed the book. Most of the time I enjoy work by Patchett. Great progress on the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sock is moving along! I haven't read Bel Canto yet but have been wanting to... thanks for the nudge to pick it up! I hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete