Monday, June 1, 2020

40 Years

Good Morning!

Yesterday was Fletcher's and my 40th Wedding Anniversary!  How is it possible that so much time/so many years have gone by?

Two of my favorite pictures from that day



Believe I've shared the first one with you before.  40 years ago we had terrific thunderstorms.  Good luck!!  We spent that night at the Black Bass Inn in New Hope and watched a thunderstorm come up the river.  The next day we were off - heading to Nova Scotia for our honeymoon.  We both look quite a bit different these days, but it's been a fun 40 years and there is no one I'd rather spend my life with than Fletch.  💗

It was a beautiful weekend here in Eastern PA.  Our Siberian Iris have opened up (these are in our wetlands area - our bog).


And we have (so far) one gorgeous yellow iris that has opened.


Fletch picked some radishes:


but they were small, and both tough and rubbery.  Not sure why that is, but not good.  Our sugar snap peas are blossoming now and we should start to see some produce by the end of the week.  Also the garlic scapes have appeared!  YUM.  I'm thinking of making home-made pesto and adding the scapes to that.

I'm at work this morning (and will be through at least Thursday).  The front entrance to the building now has a party canopy so there is no need to worry about fallout from the hawks!  LOL.  I did see one of the baby hawks this morning on the nest.  Kevin was in yesterday and said he only saw one, so the other one may have already flown.  I'll try to get a picture later.

Time to get to work - will be a busy day.  Hope your week is a good one.

20 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Forty years is really something, and I bet that part of that is due to the fun you had when you started as evidenced in your photos) and the fun you are probably still having! Your iris are beautiful and I hope you have a good week at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I love seeing those pictures of you two! So fun! The funny thing is -- my parents went to New Hope on their honeymoon. I think they might even have stayed in the same inn! And my husband and I -- we spent our honeymoon in Nova Scotia!! Talk about coincidences! lol! Anyway, 40 years is fantastic! We have a few years yet till we reach our 40th. This year will be our 37th. I think. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Vera!
    Happy Anniversary, I wish you many more happy years together.
    Love the irises! I am glad that the hawk's nest was a success.
    Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and Fletch a VERY happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!! I love your photos!

    A party canopy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding hat! that's a trend that needs to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that happy picture of the two of you! Happy 40th, and may there be many more.

    I'm getting Iris Fever. I've seen so many pictures of lovely irises (irii? LOL) on people's blogs, that I'm wondering where I can shoehorn some into my wee backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Love the wedding day photos - so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! You were such puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! 40 years is nothing to sneeze at!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy anniversary to a beautiful couple!!! loved seeing your wedding photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were such a beautiful bride!!! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good looking and happy couple! Best wishes for many more anniversaries to come.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary!!!!! 40 years, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *A*N*N*I*V*E*R*S*A*R*Y*!*!* to you both! Wow, you're movie star gorgeous! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! I would say we all look a little different than we did when we were married. At least we do. Ha. You look so happy together. I love the iris. They are as pretty as the bride.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary to you and Fletch! We'll celebrte 42 years on September 1 and we don't look the same either. I must say Dennis has weathered the years better than I have. :-)
    Our iris has just started blooming here the past few days. I always think they're so pretty.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary to you and Fletch!! (and your Iris are all so gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What GREAT wedding photos, Vera! You both look so happy and ready to begin your new life together! Happy anniversary to you and Fletch. Tom and I will celebrate our 39th anniversary in August . . . where did the time go????

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh Happy Anniversary!! and I'm jealous of those wonderful photos! (slowly getting caught up with Feedly and loving the baby hawks, and the iris, and real dinners with Colin & Mailing!)

    ReplyDelete