Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Unraveled Wednesday June 10, 2020

Good Morning!

So happy to be HOME today!  The past two days have been fairly intense.  I still have a number of reports to run today, but at least I can do them here at home.  Since I had to go into the office the last couple of weeks I've been noticing a definite pick up in traffic.  I guess more and more folks are back to work.  I really liked going to the office in April when there was virtually no one on the road!

Not much crafting of any kind has taken place since the weekend (hoping to remedy that today).  My Hellebore Hitchhiker hasn't seen any love in days!  I brought it out last night to perhaps make another tooth, but my eyes were just too tired.


Luckily Bonny reminded me that Hitchhikers can be extremely patient!  I had forgotten that, but it's true.

Over the last week I did manage to make two more Granny Squares.


I'm continuing to have fun with these and enjoying the play of different colors.  These two really show how different fingering weight yarn can be.  The square on the right is obviously smaller than the one on the left yet they have the same number of rows in them.  Thin yarn versus thick yarn.

One thing I have been doing is cooking.  Last night I made pesto using some of the garlic scapes from our garden.


Oh my!  So yummy.  We had it on linguini and I added some artichoke quarters and kalamata olives to the dish.  We had this alongside some fish and also roasted cherry tomatoes.  It is supposed to get way too hot today (90+), so dinner will be a cold salad.  I'll get Fletch to pick lettuce from the garden before it gets too hot.

On the reading front I started the next "Read With Us" book:  Wild Game which so far is a fast read.  I read a few chapters last night before falling asleep and I think this one will hold my attention.

Linking up with Kat and her merry band of unravelers (channeling a bit of Ken Kesey this a.m.).

Planning to catch up on blog reading today...and get my work finished before Noon.  Hoping your week is going well so far!


19 comments:

  1. Your Hitchhiker is really pretty!
    Stay cool. We were promised a nice week and I am so mad it got hot and muggy again. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that salad sounds delicious! I love your hitchhiker too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Hitchhiker is very pretty, even if it does have to wait patiently until you've got time. We drove down to MD yesterday and the traffic seemed almost normal, which means too much of it going too fast. Your pesto linguine looks and sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Hitchikers. And love your yarn bowl, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I think there is more traffic everywhere now. Your hitchhiker and the granny squares are pretty. The pesto linguine looks yummy! Hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright green accents in your hitchhiker. And that pesto linguine dish sounds absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've definitely noticed an up-tick in traffic. It's pretty much back to normal, I think. I'm enjoying Wild Game, too! Loving your Hitchhiker, and I'm dying to do some crochet but better stick to my little houses for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know which I love more... your Hitchhiker or those adorable granny squares! They are both winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traffic has increased here as well, and the lack of masks tells me people think the threat has passed. It’s that mindset that makes me more cautious and nervous when venturing out on errands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dinner sounds DIVINE! :-) It is a total steam bath outside here today (and yesterday, too). Super hot and super humid. Now the thunderstorms are rolling in, though, so things should cool off a bit. Here comes summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work on the shawl--the linguine looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the colors are playing out on your Hitchhiker.

    P.S. The blubarb jam is DELICIOUS! Had some on a pb&j yesterday. YUM! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like the colors on your Hitchhiker. Our traffic has picked up greatly over the past two weeks too. I don't know if it's a good thing or not as our virus numbers are going up again.
    Enjoy your day at home.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like the colors in your hitchhiker. I have one on a pair of needles but it's the kind of yarn that starts out one color and morphs to another.. and it took foEVER to change colors and so it went into the timeout corner.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hitchhiker is lovely and it will be ready for you to knit on it at any time. Your dinner looks delicious. Fingering weight can vary so much. I never had much success with the knitted mitered square blankets although I enjoy looking at them. Your crocheted squares are so pretty. Maybe you can add or subtract rounds to them?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh some days are not meant for thinking knitting! I'm ready to jump into a pair of sock knitting! IT has been a long long time. Your granny squares are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual and inflection interested moral values.   It was founded under principles of love, justice, unity, peace, and relief. The illuminati bring together individuals of goodwill, irrespective of their differences and backgrounds, and ensure that these good men become better in the society. Do you wish to be a member of the illuminati and become rich, famous, powerful and excel in life? Were you will be giving $19,00,000 as first benefit. Kindly contact me now or add me up whatsapp +2347057052206 Email williamsilluminati230@gmail.com     

    ReplyDelete