Friday, June 5, 2020

A Friday Finish

Good Morning!

It is a very sticky morning here.  We had more storms last night; fortunately not nearly as severe as on Wednesday.  But the air is thick this morning and rain is forecast for pretty much all day and into the evening.

We have plans to go over to Colin & Mailing's for dinner and were hoping to eat outside and maybe even have a fire...don't think that will be happening.  But, it will be good to see them.  I'm going to make a corn (with left over corn-on-the-cob) and black bean salad to take over and we are just planning to order steak sandwiches and make it an easy meal.

Last night found me fairly restless and I woke up early this morning.  So...what is one to do but work on a crafty project.  And with that, May Basket by Blackbird Designs is finished!


It was a fun project.  I'm not sure of the linen count - it is either 30 or 32 count.  The threads are Sampler Threads by The Gentle Art.  I worked on it a little last night and thought (ha!) I was finished so I stitched my initials and the date.  Then I realized I had forgotten to stitch the center of one of the flowers and then discovered that I had forgotten half of the butterfly!  I'm not sure what's up next - I'll look through my (extensive) stash sometime today and either pick out another small - they are so satisfying to do because they work up quickly - or I will pick out a sampler to start.

My Friday work day has eased up.  Originally I had 3 conference calls this morning, but two of those have been cancelled (at my urging - lol).  Bill and I were both going to go back into the office today to work on budget stuff, but the office is STILL without power!  Our data center and the "bunker" have power thanks to generators, but the balance of the office has none.  An email came out yesterday afternoon saying that PECO (electric company) doesn't expect our power to be restored till late tonight or some time Saturday!  Thankfully Bill called late yesterday afternoon and said let's not bother going in!  YAY!!!

I still have work to do, but at least I don't have to drive into the office.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Enjoy.

17 comments:

  1. I love your finish! Your power situation at work sounds like what happens with our neighborhood -- takes forever to get our power back sometimes. Nice not to have to go in to work at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful finish!! We had the SLOWEST thunderstorm roll through last night, frodo is terrified so it felt forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, your crafty project looks pretty. It seem to take a while for the power to come back on. We had some storms late last night, maybe more coming today. Is the corn on the cob good right now, I always thought the local corn was best later in the summer? Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had the threat of storms all day--and I had the headache to substantiate it--but nothing ever developed. We got not one drop of rain in NEO. It all stayed south and swept east.

    Your needlecraft finished beautifully. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get your work done in short order so you can relax until your time with son and daughter in law! Hope the weather is conducive for a fire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your *small* looks great. I'm still working away on the monster size project and still enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gift to get some unexpected time. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! I can't wait to see what you work on next. You always have such great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a good weekend with your family. I like your little finished project. The colors are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cross-stitch looks lovely! It sounds like you might have been anxious to call it done. :-) I hope you don't have to battle your way through storms to get to Colin & Mailing's tonight. I drove up from MD this morning and hit a couple of torrential downpours. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to hear your Friday can be spent at home and have a delightful evening gathering planned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've had storms on and off all day and expect more this weekend with Christobal making landfall. Your cross stitch is lovely - how big is it? I'm thinking TINY?! Hope you get to see the kids and enjoy some outdoor time this weekend. It really doesn't feel like June, except when I look at the Weather app!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you're getting together with your son and his fiancee this weekend. We did a similar thing today with my sister and friend. It was so nice to be able to sit out on the deck and visit. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you had an unexpected day off, or at least working from home. Maybe the rain will hold off long enough for you to get to have your dinner and fire. It's been raining here all day long and is predicted for all night too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a wonderful dinner and visit. A shortened work day/week is the best. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty finish!!!!! I get impatient after a bout 24 hours of no electricity. IT would be harder now, however because of COvid. I couldn't run to the library, my usuall run to place

    ReplyDelete