Monday, January 9, 2023

Weekending

 Good Morning!

It looks as though the sun is TRYING to come out, but it's a bit of a struggle.  Rather like me waking up, or attempting to wake up.  I actually slept a little better last night and got up late (for me) (after 7 a.m.) this a.m.  After writing this post I need to pull myself together for a doctor's appointment at 9:30.

So, how was your weekend?  Mine was fine.  I missed getting together with Dee but thought it best to wait another week.  Even though Fletch and I tested negative for Covid, I was still feeling a bit run down.  I did manage to block out Odyssey and it is now awaiting an opportunity to be worn.


And this next picture will show you the lace detail a bit better:


So delicate and pretty.  I love it!

A little organization of stash was accomplished as well.  I had groups of yarns set out for various projects (all different shawls) and I was tired of having project bags all over the place.  The yarns have been put away and will come out when and if I feel like trying to knit another shawl.  

Meanwhile, there was a bit of stash enhancement!  Before we left for TX, I received an email from MDK that I had won a give-away.  Woo-Hoo.  What I won was a kit for the Albers Shawl (found in the MDK Fieldguide #6, Transparency).  The kit arrived last week.  Six gorgeous skeins of Rowan Kid Silk Haze:


This might be the shawl/scarf I need to knit next!!

As mentioned previously, Dee and I have been (had been) thinking of knitting Planetary.  Fibernymph Dyeworks was having a sale, so I snatched up a set of mini skeins to use in that.  They arrived on Friday.


Along with the mini skeins, a set of stitchmarkers was included (so sweet):


Luckily I have not yet ordered the yarn for the body of the sweater.  After reading the pattern through, I was left scratching my head.  I'm not a very experienced knitter and some of the directions were more than a bit confusing to me.  I could still be suffering from Covid Brain Fog, but I'm thinking this pattern might just be beyond me at this point.  I'll think about it.

Yesterday I finally got out for a walk along the River Trail in Valley Forge Park.  I had to run to the grocery store because someone (Mabel) had consumed just about all her food and we were in danger of running ouy.  (I also wanted to get some scallions to use in the dish I was making for dinner.)  So, after picking up a bunch of cat food I headed down the road.  The trail was a little muddy in places and there were quite a few people out and about.  It was chilly enough that my eyes watered and my nose was running, but boy did it feel good to get some FRESH air!  I am hoping to get out again this afternoon.


Time to pour another cup of coffee and start my day.  Here's hoping your Monday is off to a great start!

18 comments:

  1. Woo! Congrats to you on those gorgeous skeins of KSH! (And those mini-skeins are awesome as well!) Planetary has been in my "favorites" list for a long time. I do so love the rings of color.

    Happy Monday and good luck at the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl looks lovely and you could wear it in the house to stay warm now that colder weather has returned! The colors of your KSH and mini-skeins are gorgeous. I hope you do knit the Albers shawl and Planetary and if not, I'm sure you'll find another use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous shawl!! the sun is supposed to come out but it hasn't received the memo yet...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! All those pretty colors of yarn made my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling well enough to walk a bit.

    Sun is out here. I might just talk myself into going for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shawl finish is just beautiful. I love the color and the lace detail. And, you got some pretty yarn. Such bright and happy colors. We're going to have temps in the 40's this week which will be very nice.
    Today is Dennis's birthday so we're going to take Mom out to lunch somewhere. It's the birthday boy's choice and he hasn't chosen where yet. I made him a cherry cheesecake for dessert. That's always his and Mandy's birthday choice. Take care and enjoy your day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that lovely yarn! Such happiness.

    Your shawl is just gorgeous. The stitch pattern is so pretty and fine. It's a triumph.

    It sounds as if you're regaining your strength day by day and feeling more and more like yourself. I'm so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blocking makes all the difference with lace knits, doesn’t it. The shawl is a beauty. I’ve never knit a sweater for myself, but I bought yarn and a pattern several years ago. I don’t mind knitting sweaters for little ones, but for myself - no thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great win! The yarn is beautiful and will knit into a beautiful shawl/scarf! The Odyssy turned out so beautiful! what a great knit!
    Give the sweater a try--round yokes are fun and from there it is a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our sun is finally out today - I'm so happy to see it! That's a great prize package!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, you are a lucky duck to have won that beautiful yarn! And the minis set is really nice (I ordered the self-striping yarn in those colors as a birthday gift for my daughter). I hope the COVID fog fades and the sweater pattern starts to make more sense, and I also hope the sun we have today makes its way in your direction!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yay YOU!! I love that Albers Shawl design! Hope you bounce back soon... I think it would be a lot easier if it wasn't winter. The sun is shining here today and it makes such a difference (especially after too many days of dreary)... hopefully, it's headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That ^^ was me! Forgot to sign in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the MDK win! How exciting! I do love me some kidsilk haze! And the shawl is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK Odyssey is in my library. Did I knit it already? Have to go figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay. I have so much to say! ;-) First, your shawl is just perfection! What a perfect mesh of design and yarn. You're going to love wearing that! Second, ohmygosh you WON!!! (I never win anything, so this seems like a true miracle to me.) I made the Albers Shawl in linen when that pattern first came out. I love it! It was fun to make and not terribly complicated. (I've been thinking of making another in KSH, actually.) And third, that sweater is so great, Vera! I always find that patterns sound really tricky when I read all the directions at once. I usually find it to be much more manageable when I just follow the instructions . . . one step at a time!

    Take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest! XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on several accounts. Your shawl is beautiful. I love the color. And you won the MDK drawing. Hooray. Kid Silk Haze seems so luxurious to me. That will be fun to knit. I also walked this weekend and it is nice to get out in the fresh air after not feeling good. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete