Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday 1/24/23

 Good Morning,

Last night was one of those nights where I just could not get warm.  Eventually I fell asleep (and never woke up until this morning!!), but when I woke up this morning I felt cold again.  I've cranked up the heat and I'm sipping some hot coffee, so my bones are beginning to thaw.

Yesterday we had a little bit of a snow squall.  It was so pretty.  When I left the house to run my errands it was just raining lightly.  By the time I got to the library (2 minutes away) to drop off a book I could see some white flakes coming down.  When I finished at the grocery store and came outside it looked like a mini blizzard was going on.  It started laying on the ground, but it did not last long.  I would love a really good snowfall, but I wonder if that will happen this year.

The new washer was delivered at 1 p.m. as promised and as soon as the delivery guys left I got a load in to wash.  It works great.  I ended up washing two loads yesterday afternoon and I have another load in the machine this morning.  I'm a washing fool!  LOL

And here we are at Tuesday, or as some of us call it TNT or Tiny Needle Tuesday.  There is progress to show you!  First up is Ellen Harrison:

A few motifs have been added to the right of the two white birds.  Here's a close up:


However, the real progress was made on the "Praise Loudly - Blame Softly" sampler.  


This past week saw me doing some Queen Stitches which are not my favorite by any means.  I also strongly dislike outline stitch.  Oh well.  There is more outlining and many more Queen Stitches coming up in the next row.  Thankfully the rows are short!  On the other hand, I really enjoy stitching the tiny letters.  Even though you need to cross each stitch as you make it (rather than using a sewing method and going across a row and then back), the letters seem to go quickly for me.  This section also included a stitch I had not done in the past (the last row) - a Square Ray Stitch which I think is very pretty.

Time to check the washer and fix a second cup of coffee.  Have a wonderful Tuesday!

14 comments:

  1. So lovely! Congrats on your new washer! I love those first washes in a new washer. Hope you were able to get warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting to do laundry in a new machine! (Sadly, the novelty wears off rather quickly . . . ) (The drudge of housework . . . ) Love to see your stitching progress on Tuesdays! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same sort of snow yesterday -- and unfortunately I was out on my run for part of it, which made things challenging because it kept getting in my eyes! We're supposed to have a real snow tonight/tomorrow morning, perhaps even enough to shovel. Glad to hear all went smoothly with the new washer delivery. Isn't it funny how we can get excited about doing laundry when there's a new machine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is looking great. Per usual . . . I love doing back stitch. LOL

    Glad the washer is in and working. I'm one of those crazy folks. I love doing laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your washing machine delivery and installation went as planned and you now have the thrill of doing laundry again! Your stitching is always lovely to see. Queen stitches might not be much fun to do, but they do look nice. (Those upside-down birds are still entertaining me!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for laundry! (Okay, maybe not... but laundry at home is a good thing! lol)

    I love that Blame Softly stitching... it is so lovely, Vera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your projects! I spent too much time on FlossTube this weekend and am now itching for a new sampler but so far I'm holding strong to just what I already have.
    We are missing the snow again here tomorrow. Rain. More rain which means more mud. This has been one ugly winter for us. I haven't even dusted off my sleigh riding Lopi. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the washer came and works beautifully!!! I do not mind doing laundry either. The stitching is looking great-hope you stay warmed up today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are supposed to get a good walloping of snow tomorrow. With the little bit we got, everything looks quite pretty. It's been such a warm winter here so far. I'm worried we are going to get hammered in February

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what a queen stitch is and now I"m afraid to look! Love how colorful the samplers are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back stitching is tedious, but it adds so much to a piece. I’m glad to hear the washer is working well and that it was delivered at the scheduled time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good grief I detest queen stitches. Never mastered, no desire to try again.

    My front loader runs for over an hour, hour and half for heavily soiled. Not even an inch of water in the tub so I always add more. Clothes are clean though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray for a successful laundry day. It's so nice when things work properly and you don't have to think twice about them.

    I'm unreasonably charmed by the little white duck on your sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is nothing quite so nice as a washing machine that works well. The samplers both look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete