Monday, October 5, 2020

Weekending

 Good Morning!

Oh my!  What a full weekend for us.  So many emotions and good times.  But let's start at the beginning.

Friday night Fletch and I had dinner at our neighbor's house.  I cooked, but Rob's place is much larger making it easy to social distance.  Rob's girlfriend Eva has a dog and I have a new friend.


Merlin is one LARGE dog - a Great Dane and the sweetest thing ever.  But oh my!  He is sitting here and his head is at my waist!!

And now that October is here, we finally have our first Morning Glory blooom!


It's that heavenly shade of blue.  There are a ton of buds, so if we don't get a freeze one night, we should have some more blooms.

And then Saturday arrived.  October 3rd.  The day of the traditional Chinese Tea Ceremony for Colin & Mailing.  I will let the pictures tell a bit of the story.


Mailing is always pretty, but on Saturday she was simply beautiful and stunning.  I hadn't realized but the kids are now Chinese Married!!

The Tea Ceremony was held at Bonnie & Zhongren's (Mailing's parents) house.  Their friend Carol was there to take pictures.  We did a bunch inside and then took some outside as well.




 Anna, Mailing's sister, is in the picture above between Mailing and her Dad.



Colin & Zhongren switched shirts at some point...I'm not sure why.

After the tea ceremony (and champagne) we had dinner which was just so delicious.  Bonnie is a fabulous cook and there was so much food.  Shrimp, dumplings, several beef dishes, wings, some veggie dishes and then an inside-out fish which I had never had.  You actually take a fish (I forget what kind) and turn it inside out and then fry it.  There was Moon Cake and some other delicacy for dessert.

All in all it was just a beautiful day.  I hope the weather is just as perfect next Saturday for the (American) wedding!  

Sunday we just hung around.  Fletch worked on a project or two and I did some cleaning and laundry.   There was a bit of knitting as well!  Now it is back to work.  But, I am taking Thursday, Friday and next Monday off.

22 comments:

  1. Oh my the photos are gorgeous! Sounds like a beautiful day, a beautiful ceremony and it was celebrated with the ones you love :) Many blessings to them. And now you have another wedding ceremony for them coming up right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all on Colin and Mailing's Chinese wedding! Everyone looks so happy and the clothing is gorgeous. And the food - inside out fish is new to me and I'd love to try it someday. I hope next Saturday is just as lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brought tears to my eyes this morning, Vera. What a lovely celebration! Thanks so much for sharing. It's wonderful to see something so GOOD and happy this morning. (Inside-out fish! WOW!!!!) Enjoy this special time with your family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. October is a huge month for you and your family, and one full of friends and joy. What pretty wedding clothes for everyone! It sounds like you had a terrific and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I love the Chinese wedding photos. Wonderful photos of Mailing and Colin, they are a beautiful couple. I love the big dogs, Merlin is handsome. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how lovely!! What a wonderful time for you all. So much happiness and hope in these photos. You're ALL so beautiful! I love it. AND, I LOVE ZHONGREN'S SHIRT... it looks fantastic on Colin, and I can understand why he'd want to trade. They are one cool couple. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to take part in such a beautiful day! congratulations! It was fun to get to see such an event-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos! DIVINE! And yes, I have a tear or two...so perfect. And the food sounds amazing! Congratulations to Colin and Mailing... and I am hoping the weather is perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful day you had for the tea ceremony. Congratulations to Mailing and Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness she is beautiful! Best wishes to the couple! Very nice photos.

    The room showing the Dane and you is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to Colin and Mailing! How wonderful to have two weddings. Will Mailing be wearing a white gown at the American wedding or a traditional Chinese wedding gown?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful!
    I was sad that my Chinese DIL opted for a traditional US wedding but I understand since her parents were still in China. Her dad was very ill with cancer and couldn't attend. My son went over there after they were married to visit. Her dad passed away soon after.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Colin and Mailing! I hope their next ceremony is just as nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely pictures! Thank you for sharing them and allowing us to share some of your happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful couple! all the very best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos were so pretty Vera. The clothing is beautiful and Mailing was stunning in her gown. I hadn't realized that they would be Chinese married after the ceremony. The food sounds wonderful too although I've never heard of inside-out fish.
    I'm glad the weather cooperated and I'll be praying it does next weekend too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.. how cool to have a Chinese wedding AND an American one! They will be doubly united now. What a gorgeous couple they are! Might there be grandkids in the future? Have a good week, get lots of rest for the big event. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So incredibly lovely! And how nice that there was a nice day for it, so some photos could be outside.

    On the pup front - I LOVE Great Danes, that one is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Somehow I missed this post and just got around to reading it. What a lovely day! What a lovely couple! Love all the fashion!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too missed this post. What a lovely time for your family. I am happy for all of you. What a beautiful bridal couple and how nice to celebrate on two weekends. You look pretty snazzy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual and inflection interested moral values.   It was founded under principles of love, justice, unity, peace, and relief. The illuminati bring together individuals of goodwill, irrespective of their differences and backgrounds, and ensure that these good men become better in the society. Do you wish to be a member of the illuminati and become rich, famous, powerful and excel in life? Were you will be giving $19,00,000 as first benefit. Kindly contact me now or add me up whatsapp +2347057052206 Email williamsilluminati230@gmail.com     

      Delete
  21. The illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual and inflection interested moral values.   It was founded under principles of love, justice, unity, peace, and relief. The illuminati bring together individuals of goodwill, irrespective of their differences and backgrounds, and ensure that these good men become better in the society. Do you wish to be a member of the illuminati and become rich, famous, powerful and excel in life? Were you will be giving $19,00,000 as first benefit. Kindly contact me now or add me up whatsapp +2347057052206 Email williamsilluminati230@gmail.com     

    ReplyDelete