Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Unraveled Wednesday 10/07/20

 Hello and Good Morning!

It is a beautiful morning here.  Unfortunately I'm at my office rather than at home...and I think it will be a long day.  The guys (my 3 bosses) are all here today for a meeting and I've got a ton of stuff to do - more than normal since I am on vacation tomorrow, Friday and Monday.  Yay!  I'll put up with a very busy day in order to have three off.

First of all I'm happy to report that Tyg showed up for some food about 40 minutes before his scheduled vet appointment yesterday, so I was able to take him in for his shots.  I don't really like the curbside approach and I think animals (of any kind) are better off when "their people" are the ones to take them inside the vet facility.  It is traumatic enough without having a stranger take them.  But, anyway, he is caught up on his vaccinations.  He also lost 12 ounces (but he tends to eat much less when it is hot outside).  His lips are swollen from allergies, so once again I have steroids to give him.  Bottom line it's an expensive enterprise having a pet!

It is Unraveled Wednesday and I'm linking up with Kat to talk about knitting and reading.  I'm happy to report that the first Lava Sock is (finally) off the needles.  I actually met up with Dee Saturday morning (before the Tea Ceremony) for coffee and chit-chat and some knitting.  When I left Starbucks I was at the point to start the toe decreases, so it was easy enough to wrap that sock up on Sunday.  And the second one is started and on its way down the leg!!


On the reading front, Fletch and I finished South Moon Under the other night.  We both thoroughly enjoyed it (and, if any of you are interested, it is only $0.99 on Amazon for the Kindle version!).  Tonight we will start This Book which I've wanted to read for some time.  On my own I am still reading The Door which is an interesting read.  I'm not sure I'm really enjoying it, but I also don't want to stop reading it.  It is different for sure!

That's a wrap for me.  Time to get back to work!  Make it a good Wednesday everyone!!

20 comments:

  1. Well done on that almost-completed lovely pair of socks! Today will hopefully fly by and then you've got five wonderful das to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the busy day translates to one that goes by quickly -- I know you're anxious to get to the exciting weekend! The first sock looks wonderful, and from what I can see of the second it seems like you'll have a finished pair soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate curbside pick up at the vet. Frodo tried to bite a tech and I think it's because he wanted me there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the curbside vet thing too. We've been dealing with Pup's allergies and it's been no fun. Now three of the cats need their shots and I hate to send them in alone. They are so skittish as it is. I understand the staff wanting to be safe. Daughter works with the public and every other day it seems she's being notified anymore that she's been in contact with someone who's tested positive. Once the private schools opened up it's been one thing after another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on curbside and pets. It's hard on everyone - pets, vets and owners. Relic was supposed to go last weekend, but I postponed it and he goes on the 19th. Hopefully he's good for them

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so much going on right now. What an exciting weekend for your family and I'm glad you have time off to enjoy it.
    I agree about the animals and the vets...except Chloe. She happily goes off with the tech and trots back out a few minutes later. She loves everyone and every animal. It does make life easier. We had her well over 6 months before she ever barked. Shes a very easy animal to have. She's 15 now! I can even imgaine.
    Take care and don't work too hard today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just fly on the socks! And, I am glad that Tyg is all caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is EXACTLY how I felt about The Door. Oddly compelling . . . but I couldn't exactly explain why. (I'm gonna guess . . . good storytelling.) My dogs don't mind the curbside approach at the vet . . . but then, they are dogs. And they love our vet. And he gives them treats. Goofy labs. What can I say????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy knitting that second sock--the first one is beautiful! I hope Tyg feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like you're knitting a sock a week these days! love seeing all the pretty yarn and the interesting patterns you choose. Hope the day flew by ... and now you're one day closer to that four day weekend - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad Tyg played ball and got all caught up on his health issues. I'm getting nervous for you.. LOL! Enjoy your days off and the big day! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Curbside vet did NOT work for my granddog Zydrunas. Both Sam and I had to go in and get him calmed down. He was a mess, and so was the vet. The evidence was all over the floor--several types of treats and smears of peanut butter left untouched. It was traumatic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope all goes well for the wedding. Enjoy the weekend and special event! Rest Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on finishing the sock. It looks great! How nice to be able to meet up with a fellow knitter. Makes things seem normal, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whew! I am impressed that you are still finding time to knit during all the wedding celebrations. The sock looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual and inflection interested moral values.   It was founded under principles of love, justice, unity, peace, and relief. The illuminati bring together individuals of goodwill, irrespective of their differences and backgrounds, and ensure that these good men become better in the society. Do you wish to be a member of the illuminati and become rich, famous, powerful and excel in life? Were you will be giving $19,00,000 as first benefit. Kindly contact me now or add me up whatsapp +2347057052206 Email williamsilluminati230@gmail.com     

      Delete
  16. Hello,
    The sock is pretty. So glad TYG showed up in time to go for his vet visit. I hope all goes well with the wedding, you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual and inflection interested moral values.   It was founded under principles of love, justice, unity, peace, and relief. The illuminati bring together individuals of goodwill, irrespective of their differences and backgrounds, and ensure that these good men become better in the society. Do you wish to be a member of the illuminati and become rich, famous, powerful and excel in life? Were you will be giving $19,00,000 as first benefit. Kindly contact me now or add me up whatsapp +2347057052206 Email williamsilluminati230@gmail.com     

    ReplyDelete