Monday, March 12, 2018

A Sleepy Monday

Hi All,


Greetings from a sleep-deprived blogger.  Usually I am not impacted when we change the clocks in the Spring (almost) and Fall, but this time it has hit me - I hardly slept at all last night.  So here is a quick weekend recap.


Colin took the day off Friday and he and Fletch spent time together - having lunch, taking a walk and watching a movie.  Marcel was lounging with Fletch on the sofa at Colin & Mailing's:





Marcel looks a bit possessed, doesn't he?


After work I went home, changed and then drove over to Colin & Mailing's.  Colin made dinner:  home-made fettuccini with a sauce made of cannellini beans, garlic, spinach, cherry tomatoes and fresh grated parmesan.  OMG - so good!


Saturday I met up with Dee and Bridget!!  Finally!  I got to meet Bridget in person - lol.  We had a great time hanging out at a coffee shop in Lansdale, getting to know each other and then going to Stove & Tap for lunch.  Such a nice time, but my gosh it was cold at the train station.  Thanks Bridget for coming out to our neck of the woods to meet up.  Next time Dee and I will have to venture into the city (because I NEED to go to Loop - lol).  And, of course, the Allentown fiber Festival is only a month away!!


Sunday was filled with chores (groceries, laundry, kitchen floor cleaning, bathrooms cleaned, etc.).  By last night I was pooped.  And then I couldn't sleep.  Go figure.  I will say, however, the crescent moon, visible from the back window in our bedroom, was gorgeous. 


I did finish Glass Houses by Louise Penny yesterday.  Her Inspector Gamache novels are some of my favorites and this one did not disappoint.  I have started Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan and so far I am enjoying it.


Not sure if I will make it to yoga tonight.  1) I'm tired [see above] and 2) **snow** is in our forecast for this afternoon and evening.  We are not forecast to get more than 1-2", but I drive about 35-40 minutes to my yoga class and if it's snowing, I don't want to be on those back, dark country roads.  I took home-made soup out of the freezer for dinner in case I decide not to go, and Colin is stopping by to pick up the coffee beans I picked up for him on Saturday.  Staying home is looking better and better - lol.


Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

13 comments:

  1. Marcel looks like he gets quite comfy!!! LOL

    Saturday was SO much fun! I'm so glad we live close enough to get together! Looking forward to the fiber festival --- it will be my first one ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your visit with Dee and Bridget sounds fabulous. I hope another meeting will be planned.

    The time change manages to mess up my sleep schedule for about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like one happy kitty!

    Saturday was the best! I enjoyed every second (even the train ride, which allowed me time to make up stories about and/or mock others in my head).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fettuccine sounds delicious. Now I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. The time change is creating havoc with me, too, for some reason this year. What the heck?

    I'm stealing the pasta idea. That whole combination sounds so good.

    Your Saturday sounds like a lot of fun and that it should be a monthly date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute photo of Marcel and Colin. Im so happy you had more family time. Dinner at Colin's sounds perfect. But Dee and Bridget for a knit meet up sounds like a tincture of thread. I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish Colin lived closer to ME! and I think you need to find a yoga class closer to home (I had no idea you drove that far ... now I'm really in awe that you make it to class at all ;-) ... and I wish you could put me in your pocket for your visit to Loop -I've subscribed to their newsletter forever... love the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The family time sounds wonderful! Sorry about the time warp-this time, we did fine and I love that the boys finally sleep until 7 instead of 6! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. When the snow flies, it's good to be tucked up safe and sound at home! Hope you sleep better tonight! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that Colin and Fletch took time to spend the day together and you got served a delicious dinner! Here's hoping you saved yoga for next week when (hopefully) it's not snowing and that you get some sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. rest up! This time change is a little crazy for me as well. I cannot seem to get up super early like I usually do but I'm tired at night. Lucky you seeing all the knitting people!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great weekend. How nice to have a meetup! Did you get snow? Maybe Colin would come to our homes and fix a tasty dinner for us?!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's funny -- I usually feel the time change more than I do this time. I think with our losing power for almost the whole of the week last week, that my body clock adjusted better somehow. lol! Still feeling it, but somehow not as badly.

    ReplyDelete