Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Tiny Needle Tuesday 8/4/26

 Good Morning!

How are you this first Tuesday in August?  I am doing well.  I've been having serious issues with my right knee - it often feels like it is going to "give out" or that I can't bend it properly to walk, etc.  This morning I woke up and it is just about 100% better.  Go figure.  I do see my primary doctor for a routine check up next week and I will talk to her about it.  The knee issue has been going on for several weeks - days that are bad and then a day or two that feel normal.  Weird.  Not sure if it is arthritis or some other issue, but hopefully it will stay feeling good!

Anyway, it's Tuesday and time for a TNT update.  I managed to stitch a few more letters and actually got to the end of the first (top) line, so now I can see how wide the piece will be.


Once again, the photo doesn't come close to doing justice with the thread color.  One of these days I will take it outside in the sun for a picture.  I should be able to get to the end of the letters soon and then I think there might be some numbers and then I'll be able to start in on the motifs.  I really enjoy stitching alphabets a lot, but it will be nice to get to the other things.

It was great to catch up with Colin and Iris yesterday (Mailing was at her office).  Their trip to Boston and East Greenwich, RI sounds like it was a wonderful time.  While in Boston Iris ate oysters on the half shell twice!  (I say yuck).  The first night she and Colin split a dozen oysters and she wanted more!  That girl can eat.

They enjoyed visiting the New England Aquarium and even watched the penguins being fed breakfast on Saturday morning!  Lots of fish and a giant sea turtle (500 lbs!).  They visited friends in Boston and Iris had her first subway ride.   

Though short (less than 24 hours), their visit in East Greenwich was fun.  The drive home was long, but luckily the rain held off.

I will be back over to watch Iris today and then I am done for this week!

Whatever your Tuesday holds, I hope it is something fun for you.

5 comments:

  1. Your stitching is so fun Vera! I love lettering in stitching! Have fun with Iris today! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lettering looks lovely and I'm looking forward to numbers and motifs. Iris is a well-traveled and well-fed young lady. I can't imagine trying to give my kids oysters when they were young, and not now either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in Boston many moons ago, I was a docent at the aquarium! Mostly I told people not to throw things into the Giant Ocean Tank. Good times! Also--I have that knee thing going on right now. I think I have pulled a muscle in my lower back on the same side of the knee and that causes things to freeze up. I've been stretching it out and it seems to be getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching! I'm amazed at all the things Iris will eat -- I hope she continues to be an adventurous eater as she gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister is having knee replacement surgery in November. She's been putting it off for years but now that her husband is retired and wants to go, go, go she can't keep up. It's a long, hard recovery but The Mister swears by his. He'd do the other knee and hip if I let him but with my back issues there is no way I could do that level of heavy care giving a again at the moment.

    ReplyDelete