Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Tiny Needle Tuesday 8/18/26

 Hello and Good Foggy Morning,

Oh my!  It is close and very, very humid out there.  We had 1.5" of rain Sunday and Sunday night and everything is dripping.  I'm late to ask, but how was your weekend?  Mine was good.  No pictures.  A delicious meal at C&M's (the flourless chocolate cake and homemade ice cream were wonderful!!).

The X-ray results of my knee show that my bones and joints are all normal (not even any sign of arthritis!).  So, who knows what's been going on?  I will say that things have improved a lot - whether it's just time or my exercises or something else, I don't know.  I'm just happy to not be in constant pain.  And happy to be able to walk somewhat normally!

Meanwhile, it is Tuesday and time for a TNT update.  Once again a bit of progress was made on my aqua marine sampler.


Two sets of numbers completed and the third line is complete.  The large space in the middle will have a bit of "something" coming up from below once I get started on it.  The beginning of a typical Quaker motif has also been started on the left side.  Things are moving along.

I've already poached some chicken breasts which will turn into a chicken salad for dinner.  I'm thinking a nice cold carrot salad and maybe some cucumbers with radishes to go with that.  It's hard to think of anything hot in this steamy weather.  Yesterday I heard my first cicada of the season (Fletch says he's been hearing them for weeks, but I have not noticed) and I guess the dog days of summer are upon us.

Stay cool and don't do too much in this weather!

11 comments:

  1. Your numbers and letters look very nice and I'm looking forward to seeing motifs as they get stitched. I'm with you on a cold supper, but I don't yet know what that will be. We blanched and froze two big bags of green beans this morning. I'll be glad for them this winter but not so much on this humid morning in August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear the cicadas in the evenings now... it is a delightful "undertone" to my evening walks with Frankie! I poached chicken breasts on Sunday for chicken salad!! It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely stitching, Vera. I love the aquamarine color you're using. We had the stiflingly intense, steamy humidity all last week, and it just made everything feel hotter than it actually was. And lots of rain, too. It finally moved on yesterday -- but I'm afraid it headed your way. Stay as cool as you can, Vera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're motoring on that!
    Glad you hands are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear about your knee. sorry for the rain, but I would love some out here! I'd also love some sun--all we have are clouds and fog and wind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear there's nothing wrong that can be seen on your knee, though I'm sure it's still frustrating to have pain without an explanation. Here's hoping it continues to improve! It was stupidly humid here yesterday -- I was so damp after my run (between sweating and getting a little rained on) that I could have wrung out my shirt. It's feeling much better here today, though, so I hope that humidity moves out of your area swiftly! The sampler is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been finding cicada shells on the ground but have only seen one live one so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy your knee is good!! may it continue!! I've been working on a shawl and a pair of socks. I love cicadas because that hints at FALL to me.,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good progress for being miserable from the weather. It's already cooled down a lot at night here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great to hear that there is nothing physically wrong with your knee! Years ago, my mom started having pain in her knee & she finally realized it was because of the way she would pivot to get into her vehicle. I'm betting your pain is caused by something equally as unremarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fan of blue and white in embroidery, quilting, knitting so I look forward to more of this sampler. May your knee continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete