Friday, August 14, 2026

Friday's Fast Post 8/14/26

 Hi All,

I actually overslept this morning!  I was up at 5 to let Mabel out and then went back to bed and fell sound asleep with some very strange dreams.  HA!

The knee X-ray was quick yesterday.  I arrived at the facility around 8:30 when registration opens...went in...registered...went upstairs for the X-ray and was out of there around 8:50!  My doctor should have the results by sometime Monday.

Look who showed up the other day!


Two sweet fawns.  One resting and the other nosing around looking for apples.  The mother doe was also there - just not in the picture.  As soon as she started moving into our neighbor's yard, the resting fawn got up and trotted after her.

I tried a new recipe for cookies.  No flour, no eggs, no white or brown sugar!  They are chickpea peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips.


Just one can of drained and rinsed chickpeas smooshed up in the food processor.  Then you add 1 cup of peanut butter, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of vanilla.  Mix all then fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.  The dough is very wet and sticky.  I used an ice cream scoop to get them onto the baking sheet.  They only need about 10 minutes at 350.  They don't look like much, but I think they taste good.  Fletch says they could be sweeter (naturally) and he would like them crispy.  So, this batch is going over to Colin & Mailing today.  Hopefully Iris will enjoy them!

Any big plans for the weekend?  None for me other than dinner at C&M's on Sunday.  I'll be taking homemade vanilla ice cream to go with the flourless chocolate cake Colin is baking!  YUM.

2 comments:

  1. I am making ice cream today as well! I hope Iris likes those cookies! (And a huge buck visited us last night... he was very interested in the hummingbird feeders on our patio!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family do make sure you eat well! I'm not entirely sure about chickpea cookies but the homemade vanilla ice cream and flourless chocolate cake sound delicious. I hope you have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete